Reality Check
This past weekend, we went to Yellowstone as a family. We had a great time even though the kids still had their usual struggles. Going away is always a reality check for me. I don't really notice all the medications the kids have to take just to get by each day, well, I notice when I leave the pharmacy with a large grocery sack instead of lunch bag size like everyone else but it's different when I have to pack it all up for a trip.
I load up each of their pill boxes once a week but then there is an assortment of medication that isn't just given in the morning or at night and there are some 'cocktails' I have to mix up so that gets packed in the regular bottles rather than the pill box. It ends up being a lot...it takes one whole bag just for meds.
It's kind of crazy when I look at it all like this but they use it all. The boys had a real hard time this weekend digesting their food and just pretty much felt sick when it came to meals. They tried to muscle some food down but then just got sick afterwards. I wish I could find something to make things better for them. I am pretty sure Spencer is starting to lose weight. He just can't keep much on his stomach anymore. Today, all they had to eat was a turkey sandwich and a little bit of white rice. Not a substantial diet at all. I can't see this changing in the near future so it's something I guess we are going to have to adjust to living with.
I load up each of their pill boxes once a week but then there is an assortment of medication that isn't just given in the morning or at night and there are some 'cocktails' I have to mix up so that gets packed in the regular bottles rather than the pill box. It ends up being a lot...it takes one whole bag just for meds.
It's kind of crazy when I look at it all like this but they use it all. The boys had a real hard time this weekend digesting their food and just pretty much felt sick when it came to meals. They tried to muscle some food down but then just got sick afterwards. I wish I could find something to make things better for them. I am pretty sure Spencer is starting to lose weight. He just can't keep much on his stomach anymore. Today, all they had to eat was a turkey sandwich and a little bit of white rice. Not a substantial diet at all. I can't see this changing in the near future so it's something I guess we are going to have to adjust to living with.
That is a lot of meds! I'm impressed that you can keep it all straight and your kids, I'm sure, take it without complaint. I'm praying for you and I think of you every time I go into the boys room. The chain is slowly getting shorter. :)
ReplyDelete