The Drywaller, The Wells Fargo Man and God

What does a drywaller, a loan officer from Wells Fargo and God  all have in common?  I bet your dying to find out....

     They all worked hard this week, whether they know it or not, to create for us a little memorandum that God hasn't gotten sick of our whining yet and is reminding me that He's still around.

     This past Wednesday, I was conversing with a loan officer from Wells Fargo about stuff and I just kind of got befuddled, which I often do when it comes to interest rates, weighted averages, fixed maturity and all their fancy lingo. I told him his information was too much for me to take in cause I had a lot on my plate right now with unemployment and sick kids.  He began inquiring further about our health issues and as I was talking, I heard sniffling.  "Oh, sorry, I'm rambling...are you okay?"
"Ah...I get misty when I hear about young people struggling.  My daughter just got a bone marrow transplant and is finally in remission from Leukemia."  He elaborated on his life.

      Now, we're both 'misty' but before the conversation ends, he says, "Please don't give up hope.  I know there seems no way out from under your problems but there will be a way.  God is taking care of things."

     On Thursday at chemo, a couple sat beside us.  The husband has Mesothelioma from years of being a drywaller.  He and his son drywalled the entire I-Center on campus and the Manwaring remodel while going through a year of weekly chemotherapy infusions.  He has spent the last three months in remission but it's back in his lungs and he is now signed up for another year or more of chemo. 
 
      He wore a sun visor type cap with furry white fabric sewn into the top of it so he looked like a Sesame Street Monster.  It was hilarious!  To break the ice when they sat down, I said, "I like your hat!"
"Ya, it's my lucky chemo hat!  I'm so scared of losing my hair."  Just as I was about to say some warm words like...It will grow back soon, or, I'm sorry...he took off his hat to reveal an already, naturally bald head, then burst into a joyful chuckle.  Shelbie woke up at that point and for the next 70 minutes, we didn't stop laughing about one thing or another with this couple.  I think laughter is a tender mercy from God. 

     In spite of all the hassles this week, I can't let a post go by without acknowledging the ever present hand of God.  I know things can't always be simple and carefree and that's ok, at least if I keep saying it's okay...eventually, maybe it will be.  Have a blessed weekend.  Keep your family close.



Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts