Three Influential People

This one is easy for me.  The three people I would love to meet someday would be...

I fell in love with Brene Brown last year when I watched her TED talks on Shame and Vulnerability.  I have taken her Imperfection class and loved that too.  She is so intuitive and real.  She is powerful in her message and inspires me whenever I hear her talk.
Brene Brown (image: Source)
 Deepak Chopra.  I have been a great fan of his when I was a young(er) mother.  His book The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success was the foundation for my parenting style.  I love, and have read the majority of his books.  Some of them are 'out there' and I don't really connect but the majority of them, I do.  I love his  ideas.
Deepak Chopra
 Steven R Covey.  I read 4 of his books before I was 20.  The best books I've ever read! I have taught many classes on his principles of the 7 Habits.  It's a book that re-read every now and again.  I have used his mantra over and over in my life "Efficiency with things, effectiveness with people."
Steven R. Covey
 There are a couple of other people I would like to meet and they may actually be tied for one of the top there positions.  I would like to meet; Jeffrey R. Holland and Robert H. Schuller.

Dr. Schuller is a Televangelist but the reason I would like to meet him is because of his book PRAYER:My soul's adventure with God.  This guy opened up my mind to prayer.  His personal stories about his relationship with God were amazing to me.  I was challenged to improve my own relationship with God.  His book also taught me the reality of Faith and how Faith and Prayer are two of the most powerful tools one has.  For some reason, because of where I was in life so many years ago...this book spoke volumes to me and really set the tone for my life.   I remember going to the library when I was in college, I was not looking for anything in particular but his book seemed to fall into my hands.  It was as if reading this book was by divine design.

Jeffrey R. Holland is an Apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Lately, he has been speaking on the topics of trials, their purpose, depression, hard times...I have read a number of his books and when he speaks...I know that he has experienced all of these.  He doesn't just preach rhetoric...he has lived it.  I would love to meet him, shake his hand and thank him for being real.


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts