The most important thing...

Today, we are back on track with the 30 day challenge!  Thank you for letting me rant yesterday and thank you for your words of encouragement!

So, if you had to guess...what is the most important thing I put on in the morning before I leave my room?

Unless you know me like the back of your hand, you'll never guess...



Perfume.  That is my answer.  I could live without any other beauty product if I had to, but I don't think I could live without perfume.  Crazy isn't it?

I have this thing about smells.  I always have.  When I was growing up, I vividly remember the Christmas that my mom opened this beautiful box of perfume.  I remember her reaction of excitement! It was a bottle of Opium.  She still wears that perfume to this very day!  Sometimes, I am able to classify moments in my life according to the smells I remember.

Each chapter of my life has been wrapped in a certain smell.

But...I found the perfect scent for me about 13 years ago!  I was introduced the fragrance Manifesto, by Isabella Rosselini.  I loved that smell.  The person who gave it to me was a rep for Lancome back East.  She gave me tons of the stuff, gift boxes, soap, lotion, samples sprays and even a large bottle.  I immediately fell in love with it and so did total strangers.

It's the only time I could walk through a store and have men, mostly men stop and ask me what perfume I was wearing.  They wanted to get it for their wife.  Sadly, Manifesto was never sold in the stores in the West.  I ordered it online.  Once, when it was happening so frequently, I bought 8 bottles of it.  Apparently, that is when I had money just kicking around and nothing to do with it!

Sadly, the fragrance was discontinued 3 years ago.  For the past three years, I have been buying up samples, damaged bottles, bottles without boxes, whatever I could get my hands on and it was cheap!  Sometimes I could get it for $12.00!  Sometimes, I dream that Isabella herself brings me a lifetime supply of the fragrance.

The last few months, it has been harder to find anyone stocking it for a decent price so I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have to find a new scent. Isabella Rosselini is a spokesman now for a perfume that is called Manifesto but it smells nothing at all like the original.

I've been on the hunt for a new signature smell.  I have been trying out a Banana Republic one and it may be the one I stick with.  I have had several people ask me what I am wearing so that is a good sign.


My passion for smells goes beyond what I wear...I can get crazy about the smell of my house, the smell of my car...my kids just laugh at me but the truth is, my kids have often said that they will never forget the way I smell.  They have told me that smelling my fragrance can often make them feel better when they are in the hospital or going through a hard time.  It's interesting what are senses do for us.   I probably need therapy to figure out why the obsession with smell.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts