My greatest fear

There is plenty in this world to be scared of but what is my greatest fear?

I really fear the unknown.  It's never been something I am super comfortable with but who is?  My mind is all too powerful in spinning all sorts of terrible things that could happen when things are just open ended and up in the air.

For example...When I got divorced, I was terrified of making it on my own.  I couldn't see any possible way that I could manage alone. I had to buy a house,  buy a car, buy all new furniture and beds...and, enter the workforce and be a mom.  Looking back, I have no idea how I managed to survive and keep three kids alive too but we did it with a lot of help from God.

I don't know why I get so scared.  There has not been one single time that things didn't work out.  They weren't always easy or had the outcome I expected, but they always worked out for the best!

Every time, I vow to be better, to have more faith and less fear.  I start out strong and then the longer the hard times last, the weaker I get and it isn't long before fear has a foothold on my mind.

I suppose you could say that lucky for me, there is no shortage of experiences to practice not being scared.


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts