30 day challenge- If my life had no limits, what would it look like?

If life had no limits and you didn't have to justify paying bills, taking care of kids, family etc.  What would life look like.

It would look simple and I wouldn't be living on this continent.

I would love to live in a place like Holland, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland- just a quiet little country, full of character, in a quiet little town or suburb of a bigger city.  I would love to be surrounded by things that are old.  Things with centuries of secrets to tell! A place that looks like time and technology hasn't marched all over it. I imagine a place where people are friendly and content.  A place where relationships are more important than feeding your ego, climbing some corporate ladder of nonsense and kissing up to everyone just so you can get somewhere in life.  There is something intriguing to going someplace where nobody knows your name. A place where nobody knows your life and have no pre-conceived notions of who you are, what you are.  A place where you can just be yourself.  A fresh start.

I would live in a little studio apartment above a row of quaint shops. The ceilings would be high, the windows big and the walls full of books!  I would be a writer and would spend the mornings in a little hidden coffee shop, writing.  It would be an unrushed life, a simple existence.  I probably wouldn't own a car but a bike with a wicker basket.  I would probably work besides writing.  I could see myself in a bookstore or a flower shop.  I could even see myself in a little studio of some kind being creative, and the creativity would flow because my mind wouldn't be hassled with first world problems that really make life more difficult than it should be.

Basically, my perfect life would be the opposite of what it is now.  It's not likely I will ever end up in a place as wonderful as that of my dreams but I still dream about paring down, right here where I am but the catch is, I have three kids who don't share the same vision.  So, for now, I will keep up the frenetic pace just to pay the bills on a house that is lousy and full of clutter, to put food on the table,  pay for car repairs, commute an hour to work, rush from one task to the next, day in and day out.  Awwww, to dream....

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts