How old would you be...

The final question in this 30 day blogging challenge is...

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were.

Hmmmmm,  I have always, my whole life felt like an 'old soul'.  I always felt older than I was and I even associated with people much older than me.  I have never really had friends my age, even now.

I will be 45 soon, hard to believe!!!  Some days, I still look around at my life, the responsibility I have in providing for my family, raising my kids, being an adult and I think..."Wait just a minute...why am I in charge?  I'm not old enough for all this responsibility!  Who thought this was a good idea?" It's a head trip.

So, if I didn't know how old I really was, I would probably think I was in my early 30's.  I think the 30's are still about growing up, finding your way; maturing.  By 45, it just seems you should have your act together, be established in relationships, in your self with wisdom flowing freely and a substantial 401K.

Instead, I am not established in anything...living the starving artist kind of life and dragging three kids along with me. My 401 K wouldn't even buy me a weekend in Disneyland and my bank account is like a count down to homelessness.  I can't even bring myself to check my accounts because I'm afraid to see that I only have $25 left to my name!!!

Ah...but I'm not 30, I'm getting old very fast and the truth is, I feel it everyday which makes it really hard to make any sense of this question actually.

If you go by the physical problems I have then I am really around 68 and should be getting social security and some pension from somewhere.  I should be able to snack at the early bird hour and get a senior discount on food.  I have arthritis, cataracts and hearing loss.  My hearing aid broke almost two years ago so not only am I mostly deaf in one ear, the other one is going now and all my kids ever hear from me is 'WHAT?!' I have gone beyond bi-focals to tri's though, I can't really afford those either so I just have three different pairs of glasses I wear depending on the task I am doing.  Yep,  People at church talk to me and anymore, all I do is smile and nod...that might explain the strange looks I get because their question never gets answered.



Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts