Miracles

Another blog hijack...I actually can't wait for this 30 day challenge to end just because so much has been going on but didn't want to interrupt my jive.

However...It has been such a week that I wanted to write down my feelings before they were lost with less important things.

Last year, I blogged about getting involved to help my friend Sally with a fundraiser for her son.  He has an autoimmune disease that destroyed his liver once when he was just 19 and it came back and destroyed his new liver he has just had a few short years!  It was sad.

He is married now and has a sweet little family including a precious little girl, around a year old though I'm not sure her exact age.

At any rate, This young man has been fighting for his life.  Autoimmune disease also destroyed his colon so he has had two major problems to deal with!!

Today, he was given a second chance at life with a new liver!

There are no words to describe how affected I have been this week with his story.  Tuesday, I couldn't even function.  I stopped to pray every hour that a liver would come.  My kids asked me every hour if they had found a liver.  It was like waiting for Santa times 10!

He was listed for transplant with a MELD score of 40.  The MELD score is how they classify who gets the first organ available.  40 is the highest possible score.  Beyond that, they just have hours to live.

My friend, his mother, is one of the strongest women I know.  She has had her moments I'm sure, but she exudes this grace and faith like I have never seen before.  She is inspiring, and because of her example, I have been able to get some of my own problems in better perspective.

Damen received a liver today.  He is still in surgery as I type this and he will be losing his entire colon in this surgery as well, due to the autoimmune disease that destroyed his liver.

Without a doubt, there is a God in the Heavens.  Without a doubt, He is an 11th hour God and His timing is perfect.  I believe that the individual who lost their life today so Damen could live, lived out the very purposes and plans that God had for his life.  I believe strongly that he wasn't shorted one single moment on earth and Damen has more moments left to fulfill his purpose.

There are so many moments in life that leave an impression on you but there are moments that actually do more than leave an impression, they leave a definition.  I haven't put it all together in my head yet, but this is definitely a moment that has defined a part of my life.  I have yet to put words to what I have experienced but it will come.

I have had so many impressions this week that certain people and events have happened for my good and for a purpose that I need to learn from and feelings and lessons I need to remember.  Damen and this experience is something I will never forget and lessons learned from journeying with him on the fringes has been something I needed to do.

I want to post these pictures because they are so striking of how Heavenly Father can preserve a life and step in at the very most important moment.  I also want to invite you to add your prayers to a host of prayers for Damen, his sweet wife and daughter and their extended families as they begin the road to recovery.  There are so many people struggling with serious health concerns and my heart aches for each and every one of them.  Sometimes, I wish I didn't feel so deeply as I watch the trials of those around me.

I am grateful for prayer.  It can settle even the most restless heart...I just wish I didn't doubt it so much or forget to harness it's power in my own life.  I read recently in my Course in Miracles that we are often scared of peace and the power of prayer...I think there might be some truth to that.  I guess I will save my thoughts on that for a different post.

This is Damen and his family...The face of faith and hope...Never giving up!


 This is the beautiful face of a fighter! An unquenchable spirit.  I love this family!


Continued prayers for a recovery, free from infection and rejection and rest for the entire family.

Tomorrow, Shelbie has her transfusion and I'm pretty sure I will have a little more energy of spirit tomorrow as I think about the hard things we have to do compared to other people's hard things...a transfusion isn't really all that bad!


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts