30 Day Challenge- My strange addictions

I can't say that I really have any strange addictions, nothing like you see on the TV show anyways.   I don't eat baby powder,  have a room filled with Pokemon cards, or drink urine...for real...none of that!  Sorry to disappoint you.

Gosh, this will be a short post...

For the past couple of months I have had this strange addiction to roasted broccoli and cauliflower.  I make it almost daily and I make a lot of it at a time.  I go through several heads of each, a week.  I don't do anything fancy, spritz it with some olive oil and a little chili powder and pepper, a dash of salt and I'm good. Sometimes, I add carrots, peppers and onions.  Oh, I love onions and my kids think this is a strange addiction.

And....I love, love, love...my Lindor, extra dark truffles.

I'm not sure why the sudden interest in vegetables but I figure it's a good addiction to have.  It sort of off-sets my Pepsi addiction but I don't really consider it an addiction, just something I really, really like...first thing in the morning.

So, I guess when you consider my diet consists of Pepsi, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Lindor truffles (only one per day because they are so expensive)...It's starting to sound a little strange...maybe...just a little.

 NOW, before you jump all over me for not feeding the kids anything but this...I still fix a dandy, well balanced, home cooked meal every night for the Littles.

Speaking of Pepsi...funny story.  Last week, I felt like I was coming down with the flu that Sam had for a week and I do not like being sick.  The urgent care doc told me about zinc and how it actually stops viruses from replicating themselves.  He said if we took it at the first sign of a cold, along with high doses of Vitamin C, we wouldn't get sick.  So, I tried it.

I found some Cold Eze redi melts for day and for night.  During the day, I took one every two hours.  The night time dose has melatonin in it so you can sleep.  I have never tried melatonin so I was kind of interested to see how it worked.

Well, being the distracted individual that I am, I took it at Midnight, with a full glass of Pepsi.

At 2:45 am, I laid there, bright eyed and ready for a little sleep to carry me away, wondering when the melatonin was going to kick in....Duh! It was then that I remembered I took it with Pepsi...You can't fix stupid...you really can't.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts