Good News!!
I heard from our Boise Doc late yesterday and Spencer's tests for his pancreas came back and he no longer has to take enzymes!! Wha Hoo!! That will save us over $600.00 a month and 9 pills a day!! I am so glad for him that that part of the disease is doing better. It is not uncommon for SDS kids to do better when it comes to the pancreas as they get older. I am so happy!!
There was however some "Sideways" news as our doctor likes to say. All three kids are very depleted in Vitamin D. They will be on a prescription strength medication and will have to take 50,000 mg every day, for three months to get them back on track! That's going to be a lot of pills to swallow and I'm sure it won't be cheap but, at least there is an easy fix, unlike the other stuff we deal with!
There was however some "Sideways" news as our doctor likes to say. All three kids are very depleted in Vitamin D. They will be on a prescription strength medication and will have to take 50,000 mg every day, for three months to get them back on track! That's going to be a lot of pills to swallow and I'm sure it won't be cheap but, at least there is an easy fix, unlike the other stuff we deal with!
Comments
Post a Comment