SNAP!
It was bound to happen sooner or later...I snapped! Ughhh. It feels horrible to lose it like I did, but worse when you hurt the feelings of some unsuspecting person who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I have been trying so hard to get the insurance company to approve lodging reimbursements. I started the whole process two weeks ago. Well, today, I called them to see if they had approved it or not and they claim they never received the paperwork. The guy was nice and said he would look into things and call me back.
The call back came from a girl who told me that since they just received the paperwork today, it would take a minimum of 48 business hours before they would make a judgment on the request. I knew for a fact that the paperwork was faxed back on the 8th so I told her that...nicely.
"We did not receive it, I'm sorry so there is nothing we can do at this point. Furthermore, since you are requesting to see doctors in Seattle you can probably count on not getting coverage at all because there is no reason you can't stay with doctors in SE Idaho or even Primary Children's in Utah."
"There's actually a big reason why I have to take my kids to Seattle Childrens. That is where the only doctor in the United States works who has any clue how to treat my children unless I go to Ohio where the only other doctor is. Those are my choices. I'm not just going on a little field trip...we aren't just dealing with an ear infection here. They have Shwachman Diamond Syndrome and very rare genetic disease and they are in early stages of bone marrow failure."
"Well, any doctor is capable of dealing with bone marrow issues."
"No they aren't, that's my point, all you see on the piece of paper is that I am taking kids to a hospital in Seattle for some random thing that you probably can't even pronounce! This is serious."
"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but we need 48 business hours to decide so that process will start Monday or Tuesday of next week."
Then, I lost it...cue the mean, angry, outside voice then a flood of tears...
"You aren't listening to me!!! I don't have a choice, my kids are sick and I don't want them to die, do you hear me? All I was asking for was a little help!!!! I don't have the energy to convince you that I am not making this up, I am not looking for a handout, I just need help!!! Leave me alone...forget it, forget the 48 hour I don't need you I will figure this out on my own like I do everything else!!!!" Then I hung up and, well, you can imagine what came next.
A couple of hours later, she called back and I was still not in the mood to hear that I am making up my kids' illness but I answered the phone. She felt bad because she really didn't understand the circumstances and she went back in the fax records and did find that the original request was received on the 8th but got lost in a stack of random papers. So, they are willing to help subsidize part of the hotel cost which I am very appreciative for.
At the end of the conversation, I apologized for yelling at her and losing my temper. She happened to be the innocent person who was convenient to yell at. She apologized too but I told her that she actually was professional with the limited information and knowledge she had. So, it ended on a good note and I felt really bad the minute I started losing my mind the first time. I'm glad I had the chance to set things straight. UGH>...It's like a pressure cooker these days...hopefully the worse is over.
I think the thing that set me off was that I lost a big cleaning job today. YUP! Laid off from another job! It just keeps raining around here but I know...I know for sure that God has big plans for us and soon, they will begin to be evident. It's critical we don't lose hope now!
I have been trying so hard to get the insurance company to approve lodging reimbursements. I started the whole process two weeks ago. Well, today, I called them to see if they had approved it or not and they claim they never received the paperwork. The guy was nice and said he would look into things and call me back.
The call back came from a girl who told me that since they just received the paperwork today, it would take a minimum of 48 business hours before they would make a judgment on the request. I knew for a fact that the paperwork was faxed back on the 8th so I told her that...nicely.
"We did not receive it, I'm sorry so there is nothing we can do at this point. Furthermore, since you are requesting to see doctors in Seattle you can probably count on not getting coverage at all because there is no reason you can't stay with doctors in SE Idaho or even Primary Children's in Utah."
"There's actually a big reason why I have to take my kids to Seattle Childrens. That is where the only doctor in the United States works who has any clue how to treat my children unless I go to Ohio where the only other doctor is. Those are my choices. I'm not just going on a little field trip...we aren't just dealing with an ear infection here. They have Shwachman Diamond Syndrome and very rare genetic disease and they are in early stages of bone marrow failure."
"Well, any doctor is capable of dealing with bone marrow issues."
"No they aren't, that's my point, all you see on the piece of paper is that I am taking kids to a hospital in Seattle for some random thing that you probably can't even pronounce! This is serious."
"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but we need 48 business hours to decide so that process will start Monday or Tuesday of next week."
Then, I lost it...cue the mean, angry, outside voice then a flood of tears...
"You aren't listening to me!!! I don't have a choice, my kids are sick and I don't want them to die, do you hear me? All I was asking for was a little help!!!! I don't have the energy to convince you that I am not making this up, I am not looking for a handout, I just need help!!! Leave me alone...forget it, forget the 48 hour I don't need you I will figure this out on my own like I do everything else!!!!" Then I hung up and, well, you can imagine what came next.
A couple of hours later, she called back and I was still not in the mood to hear that I am making up my kids' illness but I answered the phone. She felt bad because she really didn't understand the circumstances and she went back in the fax records and did find that the original request was received on the 8th but got lost in a stack of random papers. So, they are willing to help subsidize part of the hotel cost which I am very appreciative for.
At the end of the conversation, I apologized for yelling at her and losing my temper. She happened to be the innocent person who was convenient to yell at. She apologized too but I told her that she actually was professional with the limited information and knowledge she had. So, it ended on a good note and I felt really bad the minute I started losing my mind the first time. I'm glad I had the chance to set things straight. UGH>...It's like a pressure cooker these days...hopefully the worse is over.
I think the thing that set me off was that I lost a big cleaning job today. YUP! Laid off from another job! It just keeps raining around here but I know...I know for sure that God has big plans for us and soon, they will begin to be evident. It's critical we don't lose hope now!
Comments
Post a Comment