Bone Marrow Biopsy Day

This morning, there are alot of butterflies, an overabundance of anxiety, and enough quivering and shaking to set off the nearest Richter Scale...oh but the kids are doing fine, they are still sleeping... ;-)  Just kidding...well, not really, we're all nervous.  It's a big day.  Lots to talk about and I will be white knuckled and on edge until I see the last one of my kids being wheeled out from the biopsy, begin to wake up from the anesthesia, and the doctor says, "They did well and everything went fine!" then, I will breathe. 

I am really looking forward to the couple of hours we will have to spend with Dr. Shimamura before the procedures, she brings a calming feeling into our muddled world.  The kids are scared but their fear comes out in nervous laughter and teasing each other.  I look at them while they are sleeping and I am overwhelmed at the strength they have to carry such big burdens and live through these trials with such grace and humility.  They have shown much more courage and faith than I have lately, there is much I can learn from them.  I am so glad that God sent them to me!  I wouldn't want to go through this without them.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I put you and your kid's names in the temple yesterday. Praying that you will be comforted at this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything today. I just caught up a little on your blog and this is such big stuff you are dealing with. You will make it through--you are one tough cookie. I hope the biopsies look good and that the day sails by for you. Hang in there, you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts