Recovery and other stuff
The kids have done better post procedure this time than any time ever! I was really surprised. They slept until just after 6pm last night and actually felt like getting up to walk. There is a mall close by our hotel so we did some very slow walking through there for an hour and that was good for a change of scenery.
I'm not sure yet how the day will unfold. It was suppose to be a free day but they want Shelbie back at the hospital to have a series of infusions and those will start today. These are infusions we have never done before so I have no idea what to expect.
The kids have been really easy going on this trip. They are content just chilling and aren't complaining that we can't do all the 'fun' things that Seattle has to offer. When it isn't convenient to come back to our hotel to eat, they order less expensive meals on the menu, share entrees, and just get small things to hold them over until we get back to the room and then we make Easy Mac or Eggos.
Tonight, we have been invited to a BBQ with another family who has a daughter with SDS. It will be nice to connect with them and not feel quite so alone here.
I know there are so many people praying for us and those prayers are being felt and we are managing just fine. Better today than yesterday and the day before and I'm sure tomorrow will be better than today. Soon, we will look back on this and laugh....okay, maybe not laugh...
I'm not sure yet how the day will unfold. It was suppose to be a free day but they want Shelbie back at the hospital to have a series of infusions and those will start today. These are infusions we have never done before so I have no idea what to expect.
The kids have been really easy going on this trip. They are content just chilling and aren't complaining that we can't do all the 'fun' things that Seattle has to offer. When it isn't convenient to come back to our hotel to eat, they order less expensive meals on the menu, share entrees, and just get small things to hold them over until we get back to the room and then we make Easy Mac or Eggos.
Tonight, we have been invited to a BBQ with another family who has a daughter with SDS. It will be nice to connect with them and not feel quite so alone here.
I know there are so many people praying for us and those prayers are being felt and we are managing just fine. Better today than yesterday and the day before and I'm sure tomorrow will be better than today. Soon, we will look back on this and laugh....okay, maybe not laugh...
It sounds exhausting. All of what you guys are doing and going through right now. But we are sure thinking of you and praying for you guys!
ReplyDelete