Infusions
Shelbie did end up starting infusions today and they went well. She has an IV that will stay in until next week and I will just have to flush it every 8 hours. Tomorrow we have a day off and then she will be back at the hospital for more infusions.
We had a really nice time visiting with our friends who made us a really nice dinner tonight. They grilled salmon, burgers, veggie kabobs and had some yummy salad and watermelon. All the fresh food tasted so good.
It's not very often we get the opportunity to make connections like this. As we waited in the Hemotology waiting room this morning, we met another family who have a 16 year old son with SDS. I was so shocked that in the whole waiting room that was quite full, she recognized me out of the crowd and came right over to say hi. Her son had just finished his biopsy.
I am so tired so we are calling it a night. It's kind of good that I am so tired because I have just had to let all the worry and concern from the last 3 days go by the wayside. Perhaps it's just my brain's way of protecting itself from information overload. I know that on Tuesday, the bandaid of denial will be ripped off and this past week will be the same raw wound staring at us...still.
We had a really nice time visiting with our friends who made us a really nice dinner tonight. They grilled salmon, burgers, veggie kabobs and had some yummy salad and watermelon. All the fresh food tasted so good.
It's not very often we get the opportunity to make connections like this. As we waited in the Hemotology waiting room this morning, we met another family who have a 16 year old son with SDS. I was so shocked that in the whole waiting room that was quite full, she recognized me out of the crowd and came right over to say hi. Her son had just finished his biopsy.
I am so tired so we are calling it a night. It's kind of good that I am so tired because I have just had to let all the worry and concern from the last 3 days go by the wayside. Perhaps it's just my brain's way of protecting itself from information overload. I know that on Tuesday, the bandaid of denial will be ripped off and this past week will be the same raw wound staring at us...still.
Comments
Post a Comment