All set and scary

I heard from Dr. S in Seattle yesterday and the bone marrow biopsies for the kids have been booked!  I am relieved to have a date but nervous at the same time. 

It has only been 6 months since their last biopsy but because the last one showed some abnormal cells that can develop into Leukemia or Myelodysplasia we need to reassess the situation closely to make sure they aren't getting into trouble.  They all had 'empty' marrow too so I'm a little worried that it will be worse and we will be just that much closer to Aplastic Anemia. 

I know there is no point in worrying about something still a few weeks away but it's really hard to not let my mind get the best of me so I am really trying to stay in the moment and stay busy.  While we are there, we will also be seeing Immunologists and Biochemical Geneticists and possibly Endocrinologists so it will be a busy time. 

I also got word that the Geneticist is ready to go on studying our family and needs my DNA.  I will need to get that done early this week so we can make the deadline for the next 'batch' run.  The study is done in such a way that they will be able to counsel with me on any abnormalities they find and mutations. Most genetic research projects do not allow communication to take place because it is strictly for scientific purposes.  This is a huge deal for me, my family and generations still to come.  I could find out some pretty scary things so I am anxious to see what happens.  There's lots to do in order to get ready for this big week.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts