Who was I kidding? Ha, ha, ha!!!!

It's 11:35.  It's been a horribly long day with Shelbie in the hospital and waiting for Red Cross to find some intelligence.  Long story which I will report on next, in a different post entitled something like, "How do you spell INSANITY?"  Anyways, Shelbie is not out of the woods, not by a long shot and she is anxious about going to sleep so I will stay up through the night to be sure she doesn't have any bleeding issues, that means a lot of time to blog! I have to say, when I opened up my blog tonight, I realized that two days ago, I said how happy I was that this was going to be a quiet week "medically speaking" and was looking forward to a "happy, healthy" Thanksgiving.  How funny!!!  No really, it makes me laugh...you can't blame a girl for hoping!  Medically speaking, it has been chaotic, bizarre and so overwhelming I don't even think I am living in the same plane as the rest of you and I am so sick of speaking in medical terms I want to YAK! Anyhow...

For the last two weeks, I have been really thinking about the scripture in Matthew, Consider the lilies.  I realized that I can't change what is happening to us but if I have faith and believe then God will take care of us no matter what we face.  There is a beautiful song that shares the same subject and it's called Consider the Lilies.  Below are the lyrics.

Consider the lilies of the field,
How they grow, how they grow.
Consider the birds in the sky,
How they fly, how they fly.

He clothes the lilies of the field.
He feeds the birds in the sky.
And He will feed those who trust Him,
And guide them with His eye.

Consider the sheep of His fold,
How they follow where He leads.
Though the path may wind across the mountains,
He knows the meadows where they feed.

He clothes the lilies of the field.
He feeds the birds in the sky,
And He will feed those who trust Him,
And guide them with His eye.

Consider the sweet, tender children
Who must suffer on this earth.
The pains of all of them He carried
From the day of His birth.

He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And He will heal those who trust Him,
And make their hearts as gold.

He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And He will heal those who trust Him,
And make their hearts as gold.

Why is this important today?  Well, when we were finally able to leave the hospital tonight, the song playing on the radio was Consider the Lillies and the verse was the one "Consider the sweet, tender children who must suffer on this earth.  The pains of all of them He carried from the day of his birth."  I'm not going to lie, today has been so hard but insulating all this pain and sorrow is the fact that God is carrying us. He is carrying Shelbie, the boys and me.  All he asks of us is that we trust him and in return he will heal us and make our hearts as gold.  This shouldn't be hard; sometimes it is but what a return on a 100% safe, insured investment!

Comments

Popular Posts