Daring to hope

 With Thanksgiving this week, I am really hoping the kids stay healthy.  There are sick people all around us and it seems impossible that we might be so lucky as to dodge the strep or flu viruses but I am crossing my fingers and hoping.  Medically speaking, we should have a quiet week.  Tomorrow, I will spend a fair amount of time working with the National Shwachman Diamond Registry to get the kids, myself and extended family members registered.  They sent the large, overstuffed envelope of questions and procedures for me but it has to be filled out with a nurse from the registry so that will happen tomorrow.   I'm not exactly sure what being part of the registry means but it is something that our Oncologist deemed absolutely necessary so I suppose I will learn more tomorrow.  Other than one doctor appointment for Shelbie, Spencer and me, we have no other doctor visits planned. So, here's hoping for a healthy, happy holiday!

Comments

Popular Posts