Life Goes On

Today was another day of hoping to get this situation under control and I kind of think we are close though I don't want to jinx us. 

I followed up this afternoon with our primary care doc and we are avoiding inpatient and outpatient.  Shelbie is on day two of a fever.  He switched up the antibiotics and increased the Prednisone to calm down the inflammatory process that is getting ahead of us.  Of course sepsis is of concern now.  He also added a stronger ointment for the hives and we will continue with Hydroxyzine, Benedryl and Claritin.  Her incision and welts look hideous.  Her right leg, is swollen and weeping lymphatic fluid out of sores and hives that are raw.  It's just not a pretty sight.

But, the spreading of all the hives seems to have slowed significantly tonight, so I think our aggressive action will pardon us from a total rerun of two years ago. 

What a week.  Aside from the first two days of the week handling the surgery business, Wednesday and Thursday were spent in 4 hospitals, in 3 different cities.

No biopsy results yet, though they said the results would be back in 4-5 days from the surgery date.  It would be nice if we didn't have to wait through the weekend but that might be what we do.

Things are just sort of rough around here and I'm actually kind of okay with it because I have no energy to be any different right now.  We spend so much time trying to pretend that everything is fine, even when it's not.  It feels a bit liberating to just be undone but it's not fun at all to feel this way. 

Anyhow, life goes on.


Comments

Popular Posts