In a bind

Now, we are in a bind.  Shelbie didn't have her infusion on Friday.  It was nice to have weekend without sickness after the long week of sickness we just endured.  It has caused some problems though to say the least and I have no idea what will happen this week. 
       We went in to the hospital this morning for a check and her counts are now below 60.  By the time the doctor gets these results and decides on a plan of action, it could be 11am.  That is late in the day to start a 9 or 10 hour infusion.  The nurses in Short Stay are only around until 6pm.  If she has the infusion tomorrow and they rush it, like they always do, then aseptic meningitis will set in around the time we will be leaving for Boise on Tuesday.  I can't imagine traveling with her in such an uncomfortable situation.  Then to be at St. Lukes all day Wednesday and who knows what will happen Thursday, it's just going to be hard. 
     If they wait to do an infusion, then that means we will be on icy winter roads with a girl who has no platelets.  Any accident, fender bender, any bad luck at all could be detrimental.  The infusion would have to take place when we get home Thursday or Friday.  See the bind? 
    I understand this is not something I have any degree of control over.  It does give me cause for worry though.   Furthermore, our Seattle doc finally got around to calling me with mito results on Friday but I missed her call.  I have the dumbest cell phone ever.  It rang once, not even enough time for me to take it out of my pocket and then registered as a missed call.  I called back immediately, then again, again....9 times I tried to call her back but no answer.  So frustrating, she didn't leave a message.  Hopefully, I will hear from here tomorrow but everyday this week is packed with doc appts. every single day!  With my luck, she will call in the middle of one of those visits so I anticipate it will be a long week of phone tag.  UGH!

Comments

Popular Posts