Big Surprise

We had a big surprise of welcome relief this morning.  Shelbie's platelets took a 20 count jump!  That is so awesome.  Everything else took a big drop but the platelets going up two days before IVIG means she may not have to have it on Friday and that would be a nice break.  We will check again on Friday morning and see where things are at.  It feels good to take a deep cleansing breath...of relief.

Monday, we were asked by the Butterfly Guild out of Seattle to participate in their very first fundraiser coming up in February.  They have asked Shelbie to be a speaker at the brunch to talk about what it's like living with SDS and why research is so important.  We will not be able to afford to go so we will video the talk and they will play it the fundraiser.  The boys have been asked to chime in as well.   They have asked me to put together a video all SDS kids with music from Shelbie playing in the background. Those that are attending will be able to see the faces of all the children they will be helping as they open their hearts and wallets to a worthy cause. 

I just met the young mother who started this non profit organization this past October.  She has a 2 year old with SDS.  I am so proud of her and her efforts.  They have raised $50,000 in the last few months and hope that by the time the brunch comes around, they will have reached $100,000.  Not bad at all for such a new and young organization.  I wish I could do more to help, I wish I was independently wealthy so I could be a contributor but I guess this is not my season for doing that. 

Comments

Popular Posts