Hmmmm...There goes that theory
Well, I got home from the temple this morning and Shelbie was sitting on the couch waiting patiently, all dressed and ready for the day. Somethings up when Shelbie is dressed and ready to go so early in the day. She told me she needed to get a blood check since she had had a big bleeding episode this morning when she brushed her teeth.
I figured it was just a fluke thing, it's only been 11 days since her last infusion and the IVIG quantitative tests came back high which should mean that there shouldn't be platelet destruction this soon in the process. We headed up to the hospital and got a CBC done. We sat at waited for the results and played our usual game of 'Guess the platelet count'. I guessed 125, It's always 125 on week two post IVIG. Shelbie guessed 95. We both lost....her platelets were all the way down to 65!
This leaves us in yet another quandry....I give up! I rescheduled Boise for next week because this happened to us last time. Now it is happening again. The doctor doesn't work on Fridays which means we won't get instructions until Monday but we are suppose to leave on Monday for St. Lukes. I am tempted to go anyways, heck, we will be in a hospital. We will be a 2 min walk away from our old Oncologist at the Mountain States Tumor Institute. I'm know they would welcome us back and help Shelbie if she gets into trouble with her blood.
Isn't life interesting? Sometimes, when I am not freaking out, I can stand back and just see the spread of our life and how everything plays out. It's always for the best, but can be hard to see when you are in the moment. Maybe it's good I am so tired, cause for some odd reason, this doesn't even phase me. Makes me wonder though what will happen next. According to the recent studies, she has so much IVIG in her system, she really shouldn't be experiencing platelet destruction. So much for that theory!
I figured it was just a fluke thing, it's only been 11 days since her last infusion and the IVIG quantitative tests came back high which should mean that there shouldn't be platelet destruction this soon in the process. We headed up to the hospital and got a CBC done. We sat at waited for the results and played our usual game of 'Guess the platelet count'. I guessed 125, It's always 125 on week two post IVIG. Shelbie guessed 95. We both lost....her platelets were all the way down to 65!
This leaves us in yet another quandry....I give up! I rescheduled Boise for next week because this happened to us last time. Now it is happening again. The doctor doesn't work on Fridays which means we won't get instructions until Monday but we are suppose to leave on Monday for St. Lukes. I am tempted to go anyways, heck, we will be in a hospital. We will be a 2 min walk away from our old Oncologist at the Mountain States Tumor Institute. I'm know they would welcome us back and help Shelbie if she gets into trouble with her blood.
Isn't life interesting? Sometimes, when I am not freaking out, I can stand back and just see the spread of our life and how everything plays out. It's always for the best, but can be hard to see when you are in the moment. Maybe it's good I am so tired, cause for some odd reason, this doesn't even phase me. Makes me wonder though what will happen next. According to the recent studies, she has so much IVIG in her system, she really shouldn't be experiencing platelet destruction. So much for that theory!
Comments
Post a Comment