Infusions tomorrow
Well, our doctor called me tonight, he was able to get the information he needed on the pending tests and since her counts have dropped so quickly, she will be in the hospital tomorrow for IVIG.
I felt so much better after talking to him. Just to clarify things, I really like him and I think we work well together as team. He is always willing to explain things 50 different ways until I understand what is happening and I appreciate that quality in him. He is also happy to listen to my thoughts, worries, anxieties etc and we work through them together. Just wanted to be clear that I have never had a complaint about him. He tries to stay up on SDS which I also appreciate. I hope my last post didn't reflect anything poorly about him, I will say that he still has some staffing issues to consider though. So, we spoke briefly about the next few days and we will not do surgery before Christmas, it will more than likely take place after the holidays. Relieved about that as well.
Tomorrow will be a long day. We will try doing IV fluids before the infusion and run it slow again to see if we can avoid the nasty side effects. It's hard to predict what will happen, Shelbie is sick tonight, her cold has gotten much worse just in a couple of hours so hopefully that will not put her at a disadvantage. In a sense, it's a big relief to get this taken care of before the weekend but I am still not looking forward to it. Shelbie of course is handling it okay or at least seems to be. I guess that is to be expected. The patient always seems to cope better than the mom looking on, wishing so much I could stop this all from happening. I can see that she feels better mentally knowing something will happen to get her out of the danger zone even if that something is not very pleasant. So here we go again...deja vu!
I felt so much better after talking to him. Just to clarify things, I really like him and I think we work well together as team. He is always willing to explain things 50 different ways until I understand what is happening and I appreciate that quality in him. He is also happy to listen to my thoughts, worries, anxieties etc and we work through them together. Just wanted to be clear that I have never had a complaint about him. He tries to stay up on SDS which I also appreciate. I hope my last post didn't reflect anything poorly about him, I will say that he still has some staffing issues to consider though. So, we spoke briefly about the next few days and we will not do surgery before Christmas, it will more than likely take place after the holidays. Relieved about that as well.
Tomorrow will be a long day. We will try doing IV fluids before the infusion and run it slow again to see if we can avoid the nasty side effects. It's hard to predict what will happen, Shelbie is sick tonight, her cold has gotten much worse just in a couple of hours so hopefully that will not put her at a disadvantage. In a sense, it's a big relief to get this taken care of before the weekend but I am still not looking forward to it. Shelbie of course is handling it okay or at least seems to be. I guess that is to be expected. The patient always seems to cope better than the mom looking on, wishing so much I could stop this all from happening. I can see that she feels better mentally knowing something will happen to get her out of the danger zone even if that something is not very pleasant. So here we go again...deja vu!
Comments
Post a Comment