Survival of the Fittest
This is my mantra for the rest of the week...survival. It's a bit of an oxymoron because none of us are fit enough to be surviving anything!
Tomorrow, Sam has his appointment with Oncology to get things set up for his second bone marrow biopsy of the year! How fun. At least we will be able to stay here in town rather than commuting to Seattle. It is so weird to me to be doing a bone marrow biopsy with just one kid! Even Shelbie asked why she wasn't doing one too? Well, Sam's marrow was abnormal and funky in May so we are checking to see if he is stable, declining or if...maybe....things have resolved! How great would that be?
Also tomorrow, I am meeting with a surgeon to get one of the lumps on my leg removed (the most painful one) or at least biopsied. I figure biopsies are a waste of time, if you have to cut me open to get a small piece for the biopsy, why not just get the whole thing out? I may even be able to have it done tomorrow! I don't want to spend a day in the hospital for this so I am hoping he can do it in his office with lots of valium and versed! (I know...call me crazy)
Thursday is the dreaded IVIG day again! Didn't we just barely survive the last one? It came much faster this time around. I haven't asked Shelbie how much she is dreading it but I know I am! I feel sick when I think about it.
So, here's to a busy, busy week...one that makes me feel sick and twisted up. I hope I don't puke on my shoes!
Tomorrow, Sam has his appointment with Oncology to get things set up for his second bone marrow biopsy of the year! How fun. At least we will be able to stay here in town rather than commuting to Seattle. It is so weird to me to be doing a bone marrow biopsy with just one kid! Even Shelbie asked why she wasn't doing one too? Well, Sam's marrow was abnormal and funky in May so we are checking to see if he is stable, declining or if...maybe....things have resolved! How great would that be?
Also tomorrow, I am meeting with a surgeon to get one of the lumps on my leg removed (the most painful one) or at least biopsied. I figure biopsies are a waste of time, if you have to cut me open to get a small piece for the biopsy, why not just get the whole thing out? I may even be able to have it done tomorrow! I don't want to spend a day in the hospital for this so I am hoping he can do it in his office with lots of valium and versed! (I know...call me crazy)
Thursday is the dreaded IVIG day again! Didn't we just barely survive the last one? It came much faster this time around. I haven't asked Shelbie how much she is dreading it but I know I am! I feel sick when I think about it.
So, here's to a busy, busy week...one that makes me feel sick and twisted up. I hope I don't puke on my shoes!
Comments
Post a Comment