The problem with denial
As you know, I am the queen of denial. I tend to think if you just ignore it, it will go away. That works most of the time but then at some point, all the things you've been ignoring catch up to you! Dang, I wish I could remember that part of the denial formula...
This week,you know what sort of it the fan. The kids are falling apart and it's my fault. So, now we get our act together and try to catch up on all this stuff.
We have cavities to deal with, infected wisdom teeth, swollen joints, wrecked shoulders, breathing problems and that is just to name a few. The kids are all complaining about their teeth hurting. Even I have tooth problems. I put mine off because I don't have insurance and you can't even sit in a dentist chair without having to pay half a million dollars just for sitting there. I know I probably need a root canal. Today I have shooting pain in my jaw and it's hot to the touch. I am guessing I have an infection. I am hoping to get by with Advil until the nerve completely dies and then I won't have anymore pain...sounds reasonable right?
Spencer got sick the day after Christmas and he has been dealing with a bad sore throat among other things. His temperature started dropping on Friday. Did you know that a low temperature is just as dangerous as a high one? His dropped to 96 degrees. Sometimes, your body responds to viruses and bacterias by lowering the body temperature. If it gets to 95, it's considered a medical emergency.
Shelbie is having a hard time walking because her knee is so swollen. It's been this way for well over 4 months! I just kept thinking some ice, heat and Advil would fix it. I guess not.
Still waiting for Sam's surgery date. It feels like I am waiting to have a baby! There is this anticipation, anxiety and of course trepidation and nesting. I have been making freezer meals, cleaning the house and getting things ready in case he ends up being in the hospital longer than anticipated. Right now, insurance companies are fighting about who is responsible to pay for it since he was injured on school property. I don't know how long things will drag on but in the meantime, he is not a happy camper.
I have been slammed with my AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis) problems. This past week, I had to go to the Urgent Care late at night to get a shot for pain and inflammation. I couldn't even breathe let alone walk. It helped but things have definitely progressed and it upsets me. I saw my Rheumatologist last week and he confirmed that things are getting worse. He is trying really hard to get the pharmaceutical company to sponsor me so I can get the weekly injections or monthly infusions to put this disease in remission but it's a long shot. I don't want a life of injections but I don't want to live in a wheelchair either. Oh well, what will be will be.
So, medically speaking, another busy, busy week. I just want to get Sam's surgery done and I'm running out of patience!
This week,you know what sort of it the fan. The kids are falling apart and it's my fault. So, now we get our act together and try to catch up on all this stuff.
We have cavities to deal with, infected wisdom teeth, swollen joints, wrecked shoulders, breathing problems and that is just to name a few. The kids are all complaining about their teeth hurting. Even I have tooth problems. I put mine off because I don't have insurance and you can't even sit in a dentist chair without having to pay half a million dollars just for sitting there. I know I probably need a root canal. Today I have shooting pain in my jaw and it's hot to the touch. I am guessing I have an infection. I am hoping to get by with Advil until the nerve completely dies and then I won't have anymore pain...sounds reasonable right?
Spencer got sick the day after Christmas and he has been dealing with a bad sore throat among other things. His temperature started dropping on Friday. Did you know that a low temperature is just as dangerous as a high one? His dropped to 96 degrees. Sometimes, your body responds to viruses and bacterias by lowering the body temperature. If it gets to 95, it's considered a medical emergency.
Shelbie is having a hard time walking because her knee is so swollen. It's been this way for well over 4 months! I just kept thinking some ice, heat and Advil would fix it. I guess not.
Still waiting for Sam's surgery date. It feels like I am waiting to have a baby! There is this anticipation, anxiety and of course trepidation and nesting. I have been making freezer meals, cleaning the house and getting things ready in case he ends up being in the hospital longer than anticipated. Right now, insurance companies are fighting about who is responsible to pay for it since he was injured on school property. I don't know how long things will drag on but in the meantime, he is not a happy camper.
I have been slammed with my AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis) problems. This past week, I had to go to the Urgent Care late at night to get a shot for pain and inflammation. I couldn't even breathe let alone walk. It helped but things have definitely progressed and it upsets me. I saw my Rheumatologist last week and he confirmed that things are getting worse. He is trying really hard to get the pharmaceutical company to sponsor me so I can get the weekly injections or monthly infusions to put this disease in remission but it's a long shot. I don't want a life of injections but I don't want to live in a wheelchair either. Oh well, what will be will be.
So, medically speaking, another busy, busy week. I just want to get Sam's surgery done and I'm running out of patience!
I will scream for you.
ReplyDelete