It's raining, it's pouring...I wish I were snoring...
When it rains, it pours and snows and gets a little foggy too!! What a day! Here's how it started...
6:00am run next door to make sure my sweet neighbor is okay. She is dying from congestive heart failure.
6:30am jump in the shower
7:00am say good bye to Spencer has he heads to early morning Seminary. He is limping and in excruciating pain. Oh ya, I remember he told me he wiped out yesterday skiing. Oh well...see ya later Spence.
7:15 am wake up Sam to help him into the shower and get ready for school. He made a good attempt but then I was met with weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth; make a bed for him on the couch beside Shelbie.
7:25 am run next door to check on my neighbor...not good.
8:00 am run the neighbor boy to school
8:15 am run to Walmart to get some things for my neighbor
8:40 am run home because I found out I have to have Christmas presents in the mail by noon so they can be overnighted to my parents so they can transport them to Canada with them.
8:45 am feverishly start making Christmas presents for my family.
9:15 am neighbor calls, can't breathe, can't move...run over
9:20 am call for an ambulance
10:00 am at the hospital with my neighbor
11:30 am check in with the kids, everyone is in pain and not doing well. I tell them to come up to the hospital for lunch if they want.
12:00pm kids arrive, we eat quickly then head back to my neighbors room. We laugh and entertain her with our unique brand of humor. Spencer finds this number called the 'Daily Life Check' and calls. It's hilarious! It is a recording that tells you with 100% certainty if you are dead or not. They ring three bells, if you hear them, you are not dead!! It was side splitting fun! My neighbor laughed.
2:00pm kids are home napping, still at the hospital with neighbor. Doc calls to report on the MRI of Sam's knee.
3:15 pm leave hospital to pick up another neighbors son from school.
3:45 pm home to break the bad news to Sam!
Crazy day even by my standards and I'm the poster child for crazy! Sam has multiple fractures on his knee and a torn ACL!! It also looks like cellulitis is setting in so we are off to the docs tomorrow to make sure we get any start of infection under control. We will also see an orthopedic surgeon soon to figure out what to do next. They will decide if they try to give it time to heal on it's own or if they will go ahead with surgery. Surgery is a just another can of worms I don't even want to open yet! I will save my worries about that for another post.
To say that Sam is upset is an understatement. He was throwing things including his crutches and banging his fists on the couch. He loves his parkour more than anything!! It is his passion! He won't be back in the gym for months. It didn't matter what I said about everything being okay, it didn't matter what I promised him...movies, treats; whatever else fell out of my mouth in a weak effort to calm him down.
Spencer is in more pain so he too will go to the docs tomorrow for x rays of his rotator cuff and knee. When we were walking to the cafeteria at the hospital, we looked pathetic, like the walking wounded in a MASH unit! What in the world has become of my life? Surely this can't be happening? Is it? I fear it is...I will die if Spencer needs surgery too! What kind of luck is that?
Needless to say, I didn't get any Christmas presents made...at all. Not even a valiant start. Oh well. Life goes on...
6:00am run next door to make sure my sweet neighbor is okay. She is dying from congestive heart failure.
6:30am jump in the shower
7:00am say good bye to Spencer has he heads to early morning Seminary. He is limping and in excruciating pain. Oh ya, I remember he told me he wiped out yesterday skiing. Oh well...see ya later Spence.
7:15 am wake up Sam to help him into the shower and get ready for school. He made a good attempt but then I was met with weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth; make a bed for him on the couch beside Shelbie.
7:25 am run next door to check on my neighbor...not good.
8:00 am run the neighbor boy to school
8:15 am run to Walmart to get some things for my neighbor
8:40 am run home because I found out I have to have Christmas presents in the mail by noon so they can be overnighted to my parents so they can transport them to Canada with them.
8:45 am feverishly start making Christmas presents for my family.
9:15 am neighbor calls, can't breathe, can't move...run over
9:20 am call for an ambulance
10:00 am at the hospital with my neighbor
11:30 am check in with the kids, everyone is in pain and not doing well. I tell them to come up to the hospital for lunch if they want.
12:00pm kids arrive, we eat quickly then head back to my neighbors room. We laugh and entertain her with our unique brand of humor. Spencer finds this number called the 'Daily Life Check' and calls. It's hilarious! It is a recording that tells you with 100% certainty if you are dead or not. They ring three bells, if you hear them, you are not dead!! It was side splitting fun! My neighbor laughed.
2:00pm kids are home napping, still at the hospital with neighbor. Doc calls to report on the MRI of Sam's knee.
3:15 pm leave hospital to pick up another neighbors son from school.
3:45 pm home to break the bad news to Sam!
Crazy day even by my standards and I'm the poster child for crazy! Sam has multiple fractures on his knee and a torn ACL!! It also looks like cellulitis is setting in so we are off to the docs tomorrow to make sure we get any start of infection under control. We will also see an orthopedic surgeon soon to figure out what to do next. They will decide if they try to give it time to heal on it's own or if they will go ahead with surgery. Surgery is a just another can of worms I don't even want to open yet! I will save my worries about that for another post.
To say that Sam is upset is an understatement. He was throwing things including his crutches and banging his fists on the couch. He loves his parkour more than anything!! It is his passion! He won't be back in the gym for months. It didn't matter what I said about everything being okay, it didn't matter what I promised him...movies, treats; whatever else fell out of my mouth in a weak effort to calm him down.
Spencer is in more pain so he too will go to the docs tomorrow for x rays of his rotator cuff and knee. When we were walking to the cafeteria at the hospital, we looked pathetic, like the walking wounded in a MASH unit! What in the world has become of my life? Surely this can't be happening? Is it? I fear it is...I will die if Spencer needs surgery too! What kind of luck is that?
Needless to say, I didn't get any Christmas presents made...at all. Not even a valiant start. Oh well. Life goes on...
Comments
Post a Comment