Big adventures continue...
Yesterday, the internet here was so slow it was impossible to get anything uploaded or posted.
We covered Animal Kingdom on Friday and Epcot and tried to get over to Magic Kingdom but ended up in another torrential downpour! It took us nearly two hours to walk through the rain and get back to the Village. It was kind of a mess but we made the best of it.
Animal Kingdom was a bit of a slow pace and not too many rides. I'm not sure any of us would go back there again but it was good to say we saw it. Epcot was fun, they had some really cool, innovative rides. There was one ride where the boys were able to design their own thrill ride on a computer and then get in a special, two seater ride and experience what they designed! Pretty cool. Everything at Magic Kingdom was cancelled due to the rain. Main Street was packed with people thinking the parade and fireworks would still go on but it didn't.
Today was all sorts of crazy! We started at Hollywood Studios and then on to Magic Kingdom. It rained all afternoon but not the downpour we've experienced before and the rain was a welcome break from the heat.
Hollywood Studios is where I experienced my first serious roller coaster ride. I've decided that if you ask anyone about what a roller coaster is like, you are going to get a 'fishing story'. We were headed up to a ride and I asked the guy at the counter what the ride was like and how high the drops were. He said, "There are no drops, it's just like a slide."
Well then, I decided I would give it a try though something in my mind told me it was not going to be like a slide.
I should have listened to my head because there were two full loops and two twists that we did both frontwards and backwards, once again in the pitch black! A slide my foot!! I can't believe that guy straight up lied to me! Oh well, I survived and the kids were so proud of me for hanging in there with them. That pretty much sealed my fate for the rest of the day. They wouldn't let me say 'no' to anything!! Nothing. I am now handling the roller coasters like an old pro.
Sam has had so much fun! His favorite thing is to pose for the pictures they snap on each ride. Since we have the photo pass, we get each and every picture for free! He has quite the collection of pictures of him on the roller coasters.
Tonight, we made it through Magic Kingdom! That really is where the magic happens. What a fun night! We stayed until they closed down the Monorail that took us back to the parking lot. We saw two parades and the fireworks. Just as they were closing up, they had this amazing show that they projected onto the facade of the Magic Kingdom Castle. It was a montage of all the Disney movies with full orchestra of their theme songs. Another short round of fireworks were set off.
The cool experience for today happened at Magic Kingdom. We were getting on a roller coaster and the young man escorting us asked us about Sam's wish. He then told us that he was a Wish child a few years ago and beat brain cancer. It was really neat to hear his story and see the excitement he shared with Sam.
Another cool thing happened yesterday. It was Christmas here at the Village and we had a full Christmas Dinner spread! It was delish! While we were headed over to see Santa and receive our Christmas presents, the kids asked if they could do volunteer stuff at the Village for our last day. I thought that was a great idea!! This morning, I went over to Volunteer services to see if there was anything we could do to help out. I told them that it was my kids' idea and it would make them very happy to be able to spend a couple of hours just helping. She kindly said they just wanted us to be able to enjoy our time here but invited us back to volunteer for a week. I would love to, the kids would love to!
Well, here are some highlights of the day. Shelbie had a bit of rough time. Just as we were headed from our car, into the park, an SUV hit the foot plate of her wheelchair that she was sitting in. It jostled her around a bit and she was scared but okay. During the Electric Parade at Magic Kingdom, a rather large lady was shoving and pushing trying to get through the crowds but lost her balance and ended up falling into Shelbie's lap! There she sat, trying to wriggle back to her feet! That was kind of funny. Other than that, the kids have hung in there. They get exhausted quickly and extremely thirsty but we try to plan a show every hour or so so they can sit down and rest for a bit. That has worked out well...Okay, now for some pics...
Tomorrow is our last day here! Sam has yet to decide which park we are going to or maybe we will head out to Coco Beach!
We covered Animal Kingdom on Friday and Epcot and tried to get over to Magic Kingdom but ended up in another torrential downpour! It took us nearly two hours to walk through the rain and get back to the Village. It was kind of a mess but we made the best of it.
Animal Kingdom was a bit of a slow pace and not too many rides. I'm not sure any of us would go back there again but it was good to say we saw it. Epcot was fun, they had some really cool, innovative rides. There was one ride where the boys were able to design their own thrill ride on a computer and then get in a special, two seater ride and experience what they designed! Pretty cool. Everything at Magic Kingdom was cancelled due to the rain. Main Street was packed with people thinking the parade and fireworks would still go on but it didn't.
Today was all sorts of crazy! We started at Hollywood Studios and then on to Magic Kingdom. It rained all afternoon but not the downpour we've experienced before and the rain was a welcome break from the heat.
Hollywood Studios is where I experienced my first serious roller coaster ride. I've decided that if you ask anyone about what a roller coaster is like, you are going to get a 'fishing story'. We were headed up to a ride and I asked the guy at the counter what the ride was like and how high the drops were. He said, "There are no drops, it's just like a slide."
Well then, I decided I would give it a try though something in my mind told me it was not going to be like a slide.
I should have listened to my head because there were two full loops and two twists that we did both frontwards and backwards, once again in the pitch black! A slide my foot!! I can't believe that guy straight up lied to me! Oh well, I survived and the kids were so proud of me for hanging in there with them. That pretty much sealed my fate for the rest of the day. They wouldn't let me say 'no' to anything!! Nothing. I am now handling the roller coasters like an old pro.
Sam has had so much fun! His favorite thing is to pose for the pictures they snap on each ride. Since we have the photo pass, we get each and every picture for free! He has quite the collection of pictures of him on the roller coasters.
Tonight, we made it through Magic Kingdom! That really is where the magic happens. What a fun night! We stayed until they closed down the Monorail that took us back to the parking lot. We saw two parades and the fireworks. Just as they were closing up, they had this amazing show that they projected onto the facade of the Magic Kingdom Castle. It was a montage of all the Disney movies with full orchestra of their theme songs. Another short round of fireworks were set off.
The cool experience for today happened at Magic Kingdom. We were getting on a roller coaster and the young man escorting us asked us about Sam's wish. He then told us that he was a Wish child a few years ago and beat brain cancer. It was really neat to hear his story and see the excitement he shared with Sam.
Another cool thing happened yesterday. It was Christmas here at the Village and we had a full Christmas Dinner spread! It was delish! While we were headed over to see Santa and receive our Christmas presents, the kids asked if they could do volunteer stuff at the Village for our last day. I thought that was a great idea!! This morning, I went over to Volunteer services to see if there was anything we could do to help out. I told them that it was my kids' idea and it would make them very happy to be able to spend a couple of hours just helping. She kindly said they just wanted us to be able to enjoy our time here but invited us back to volunteer for a week. I would love to, the kids would love to!
Well, here are some highlights of the day. Shelbie had a bit of rough time. Just as we were headed from our car, into the park, an SUV hit the foot plate of her wheelchair that she was sitting in. It jostled her around a bit and she was scared but okay. During the Electric Parade at Magic Kingdom, a rather large lady was shoving and pushing trying to get through the crowds but lost her balance and ended up falling into Shelbie's lap! There she sat, trying to wriggle back to her feet! That was kind of funny. Other than that, the kids have hung in there. They get exhausted quickly and extremely thirsty but we try to plan a show every hour or so so they can sit down and rest for a bit. That has worked out well...Okay, now for some pics...
| White Rhino- Animal Kingdom |
| The Army guy from Toy Story! This was a fun shoot too! |
| Mickey and Minnie- Main Street Parade, Magic Kingdom |
Comments
Post a Comment