Odds and ends

We aren't missing a beat around here.  The fun times never end.

We had an eventful weekend.  Saturday, I worked my tail off doing construction cleaning all morning.  Came home exhausted but made two loaves of sprouted spelt wheat bread in honor of Operation Save My Kidney- more on my new diet later.  While I was gone, Shelbie did a 3 hour photo shoot with twin newborns and their three siblings.  Thankfully she had a friend helping her out. 

When they were through, Shelbie needed to go to Walmart for some studio items and I was informed I was hosting a Super Bowl party for their cousins so I needed to get fixin's for that.  Not even 10 minutes into our shopping, Shelbie all but collapsed.  I don't know what happened.  I'm not sure if she had a seizure or what but when I looked back to see where she was, she was gripping the shopping cart and tears were streaming down her face and she was unable to walk.  She literally couldn't take a step.  She has neuropathy in her legs due to the slowing in her brain so I'm not sure if something happened in her brain or what.  I left her with her friend and ran to get a wheelchair.  She could barely bend to sit down. 

It was no easy task getting her out to the car, home and into the house but we managed.   She was like that until Sunday morning.  I have a drug I can give her for neuropathy, when it comes on like this so I just kept that on board and hoped for the best.  We have a doctor's appointment this Wednesday.

While I'm on the subject of Shelbie, her finger is in bad shape.  I don't understand what is happening.  Here is a picture the day she broke her finger.

Here is a picture 10 weeks after having it in a splint continuously and a week after the doctor said it was all better....Hmmm.  Is it me?  Does this look worse?  It's so swollen, hot and this is her straightening it. It's also really painful still.  I'm not sure where to go next with this, maybe a hand doctor?

 Tomorrow, Spencer has his scans to hunt carcinoma cells in the small bowel.  I had planned to go to Utah but I am just feeling so tired and sick so I think it's best if I don't go.  He was okay with it.  He won't be seeing any doctors, just scans so I'm sure he'll be fine.  I wanted to be there just for moral support.  He has to drink a bunch of contrast and stuff and I'm worried he will pass out or something strange. I have no choice but to leave him in God's hands. 

He has some really swollen lymph nodes that are quite painful, yet he isn't sick with any known virus.  His chest, where he took a steering column going 40 mph on the snowmobile is feeling less bruised but his knee is black and feeling much worse. 

So as not be left out of the orthopedic problems, Sam dislocated his shoulder on Saturday night- twice!  He was trying a new trick at the trampoline park.  He happened to have a friend filming the trick so he showed me.  I could only watch it once...you could hear him scream out in pain when it popped.  Bleh! 

Oh boy...this crazy life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts