Ancient Chinese Secrets

In all my spare time, I've been hitting the books on how to slow down the kidney disease train.  It seems that a future of dialysis is a great motivator.  I absolutely don't have time for the kidney biopsy or cystoscope, so all I can do, is all I can do. 

I have a strong feeling that I can make a difference with food until I can get proper treatment.  There was a time in the history of man, that food was the medicine they used to treat disease.  Food comes with their own healing cells. Now I think food actually causes disease, at least the salty, processed variety.

I am pretty sure that my high blood pressure and high cholesterol is contributing to my kidney problems and the Phleboliths/stones in my blood vessels and I'm certain that my high cholesterol is because I am not processing fat and protein correctly because of an unhealthy gut.   I know this because everything I eat causes canker sores and it's impossible that I am all of a sudden allergic to everything!  Without enough stomach acid and healthy gut flora, you get food intolerance and stomach acid is what transports every mineral and vitamin to other areas of your body.

So, I start the morning with 12 ounces of water, with 1/2 Cup of pure lemon juice, 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp of Baking Soda and little True Lemon Strawberry Lemonade made with Stevia.  I use this little cocktail to wash down the following supplements.
      Chelated Magnesium
      1000 Mg Vitamin C
      B Complex
      Tumeric
      L-Glutamine
      Probiotic
      Cranberry AZO

I'm going to add in Quercetin and Licorice next week, as well as some digestive enzymes.

And...I started back on Estrogen replacement because did you know Estrogen controls over 120 cell functions?  One of those functions is how cholesterol is processed. 

In addition to this, I'm only eating a diet of anti inflammatory foods which is basically leafy greens, onions, whole grains... Really, I feel put upon but it's generally how I eat anyways so I don't know why I whine.   I do make a smoothie with Coconut water, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries and orange flavored Metamucil powder because coconut has amazing healing properties for kidneys and increased fiber is proven to decrease bad cholesterol. 

I'm almost a week into this and I haven't really noticed any big changes, maybe a little decrease in joint pain.

In addition to nutrition, I've been studying about Chinese Medicine and how each organ is linked with an emotion and a rhythm.  What clued me into this, is that for the past week, I wake up, I'm talking wide awake at 3:17 am, without fail, every single night.   There is so much information on how waking up at the same time every night, can happen when the energy of certain organs or emotions are waking up. The 3 am hour is the emotion sadness and lungs and kidneys.  I also read it is a sign that you are moving into a spiritual awakening.

I also studied about how various points on your hands, feet, arms and legs can point to problems within your body.  For months, I have had an eye that waters, especially when it's windy outside and a rash that keeps cropping up on the palm of my hand...according to Alternative Medicine, these are indicators of Kidney Disease.  Weird! 

I've been thinking a lot about how stress really does play a role in our general health.  I started going downhill when Sam had his heart surgery last fall and then things went crazy for me when Spencer experienced his cardiac arrest and heart surgery.  The emotions connected to kidney health is sadness and fear. 

Basically, this rambling post is to say, I don't really have any answers but I'm trying to actually heal my body, not just make the symptoms quiet down.  I have faith that what I'm doing is going to help in some small way and when I do get the treatment plan nailed down, I will be in better shape to allow the medications to work.

I feel things are going downhill fast around here.  I see things transpiring that I know are meant to prepare me for some really hard times in the not so distant future. I'm trying to be strong in every way but boy, it's hard.

Comments

Popular Posts