Kidney News
Well, curiosity was killing me and I didn't want to wait anymore to get my test results from earlier this week. I called this morning.
I have kidney disease. Some of the numbers were 'severely' high. So, this just sucks.
I have to decide what to do next. I really have this nagging feeling that I don't want to jump right to the kidney biopsy even though it will tell us in more detail what is happening. It is such an invasive test and right now, I don't trust my body to heal itself from the test alone. Honestly, I'm in Salt Lake every week from now until Mid March! I don't have time for surgery right now, let alone any other resources.
So...what to do?
I don't know. Of course, my doctor wants to go straight to surgery. I'm digging in my heels.
Everything I read tells me I need to decrease stress, eat an anti-inflammatory diet, lose weight and exercise. I really don't know where to start, it all seems overwhelming. I would just as soon not eat rather than spend the time trying to eat a special diet of kale and chia seeds or some crap like that. I don't have time to waste on myself trying to plan some intricate diet. I don't really have time to die either. I feel like I already eat a pretty clean diet so that makes it harder to figure out. I can tell you what will happen already...I will cling to one food and eat it three times a day and call it good. However, if I am keeping my kids alive with a special diet, I'm all in! I think I have a problem of what I'm worth...please don't comment on that. It's a problem I know.
I have been thinking, since I stopped drinking my lemon juice and apple cider vinegar with baking soda concoction, my health seemed to decline. I also stopped going to the gym. I haven't been there in 3 months.
UGH!!
I guess I will get in to see my Rheumatologist and figure out what he might be able to do for me. I haven't been in 5 years because I can't afford the medication he wants me on. It's over $2000 a month and not covered by my insurance. Even the 'vouchers' the pharmaceutical company offers is a joke. He gave me some doses for free and they landed me in the ER with massive allergic reaction so, I feel a little despair in this area. I know that if I can't get this lupus train to stop, I will surely lose my kidney.
Well, I guess there is no point in whining. My doctor predicted I would be using a wheelchair by age 50 if I didn't take the medication for my other disease Ankylosing Spondylitis and that hasn't happened yet...so that's a little hopeful. I hobble some days, can't move my hands, and feel extreme pain from my dying joints but I'm not in a wheelchair!
Okay, well, enough of this. Life goes on...
I have kidney disease. Some of the numbers were 'severely' high. So, this just sucks.
I have to decide what to do next. I really have this nagging feeling that I don't want to jump right to the kidney biopsy even though it will tell us in more detail what is happening. It is such an invasive test and right now, I don't trust my body to heal itself from the test alone. Honestly, I'm in Salt Lake every week from now until Mid March! I don't have time for surgery right now, let alone any other resources.
So...what to do?
I don't know. Of course, my doctor wants to go straight to surgery. I'm digging in my heels.
Everything I read tells me I need to decrease stress, eat an anti-inflammatory diet, lose weight and exercise. I really don't know where to start, it all seems overwhelming. I would just as soon not eat rather than spend the time trying to eat a special diet of kale and chia seeds or some crap like that. I don't have time to waste on myself trying to plan some intricate diet. I don't really have time to die either. I feel like I already eat a pretty clean diet so that makes it harder to figure out. I can tell you what will happen already...I will cling to one food and eat it three times a day and call it good. However, if I am keeping my kids alive with a special diet, I'm all in! I think I have a problem of what I'm worth...please don't comment on that. It's a problem I know.
I have been thinking, since I stopped drinking my lemon juice and apple cider vinegar with baking soda concoction, my health seemed to decline. I also stopped going to the gym. I haven't been there in 3 months.
UGH!!
I guess I will get in to see my Rheumatologist and figure out what he might be able to do for me. I haven't been in 5 years because I can't afford the medication he wants me on. It's over $2000 a month and not covered by my insurance. Even the 'vouchers' the pharmaceutical company offers is a joke. He gave me some doses for free and they landed me in the ER with massive allergic reaction so, I feel a little despair in this area. I know that if I can't get this lupus train to stop, I will surely lose my kidney.
Well, I guess there is no point in whining. My doctor predicted I would be using a wheelchair by age 50 if I didn't take the medication for my other disease Ankylosing Spondylitis and that hasn't happened yet...so that's a little hopeful. I hobble some days, can't move my hands, and feel extreme pain from my dying joints but I'm not in a wheelchair!
Okay, well, enough of this. Life goes on...
Comments
Post a Comment