Weekend Review
It's been a bit of a bumpy weekend but we made it!
Shelbie's been sick, actually, she's been sick for a week but she got much worse on the weekend so I took her in the clinic on Saturday. She has a lung infection, not yet pneumonia so that's good! Whew! But they had to put her on breathing treatments and antibiotics. Insurance has been arguing with me all weekend about covering the medication for the nebulizer and turns out it was a no go iso she's been struggling for air. The regular inhalers just aren't cutting it.
On a funny note...she was saying on Friday night how she doesn't think she has epilepsy because she hasn't had a seizure in "So long.".
"Really?" I asked, "What about last week when you didn't know where you were or how you got there? What was that? Or when you couldn't answer me when I was asking you a question?"
Then...her friend chimed in..."What about on Tuesday night when you couldn't move your hand from the popcorn bowl. It was limp for an hour?"
"Oh. Yeah. Okay, I guess maybe I still have it." She responded.
Sadly, she does. But, it's nice to see that we are less and less startled and shocked when these things happen and it's become part of our regular day now. I mean, I guess that's nice to see. I didn't think i would ever hear myself say that!
Her brain PET scan is scheduled finally. In two weeks we will make another trip South. I didn't realize that brain PET scans are rare and not done very often so it's taken much longer than usual to work out the details for this. This scan will be the most extensive brain work up she's had and will take a closer look at her brain tumor to make sure it is in fact a granuloma like they suspect as opposed to cancerous. They will determine if it has grown or invited 'friends'. We don't want friends. We don't want it to grow for that matter! They will also get better measurements of her Hippocampus where the seizure activity resides.
So...it will be an interesting deal.
Spencer is up and down. He's trying so hard to adjust to things but it's rough. He has been through a lot and never gave himself any time to recover from surgery before starting his new job so he's really tired. His GI issues are creating major issues still...status quo.
Sam is doing well from a health stand point. Nothing much to report. His body seems to be calming down and adjusting to the pacemaker. He is getting a little more energy back. Sam has gone back to the gym after a 2 year absence because he was grounded from working out when his heart started showing signs of problems. I think the re-conditioning will help so much both mentally and physically.
I am feeling better but still abnormally tired. I have had some secret services done for me the past few days. Little thoughtful notes and small gifts have continued to arrive on my doorstep through the weekend. The encouraging notes have truly been a balm of healing and energy. I hope if the Angels sneaking by are reading this, they will know how much it has been appreciated and loved. Since Thursday, I have a lot of bad news in other areas and these little thoughts kept me from feeling too despaired.
November is holding some great promises...My schedule is filling up with people needing me to decorate their Christmas trees before Thanksgiving and that's always a welcome distraction!
So...carrying on!
Shelbie's been sick, actually, she's been sick for a week but she got much worse on the weekend so I took her in the clinic on Saturday. She has a lung infection, not yet pneumonia so that's good! Whew! But they had to put her on breathing treatments and antibiotics. Insurance has been arguing with me all weekend about covering the medication for the nebulizer and turns out it was a no go iso she's been struggling for air. The regular inhalers just aren't cutting it.
On a funny note...she was saying on Friday night how she doesn't think she has epilepsy because she hasn't had a seizure in "So long.".
"Really?" I asked, "What about last week when you didn't know where you were or how you got there? What was that? Or when you couldn't answer me when I was asking you a question?"
Then...her friend chimed in..."What about on Tuesday night when you couldn't move your hand from the popcorn bowl. It was limp for an hour?"
"Oh. Yeah. Okay, I guess maybe I still have it." She responded.
Sadly, she does. But, it's nice to see that we are less and less startled and shocked when these things happen and it's become part of our regular day now. I mean, I guess that's nice to see. I didn't think i would ever hear myself say that!
Her brain PET scan is scheduled finally. In two weeks we will make another trip South. I didn't realize that brain PET scans are rare and not done very often so it's taken much longer than usual to work out the details for this. This scan will be the most extensive brain work up she's had and will take a closer look at her brain tumor to make sure it is in fact a granuloma like they suspect as opposed to cancerous. They will determine if it has grown or invited 'friends'. We don't want friends. We don't want it to grow for that matter! They will also get better measurements of her Hippocampus where the seizure activity resides.
So...it will be an interesting deal.
Spencer is up and down. He's trying so hard to adjust to things but it's rough. He has been through a lot and never gave himself any time to recover from surgery before starting his new job so he's really tired. His GI issues are creating major issues still...status quo.
Sam is doing well from a health stand point. Nothing much to report. His body seems to be calming down and adjusting to the pacemaker. He is getting a little more energy back. Sam has gone back to the gym after a 2 year absence because he was grounded from working out when his heart started showing signs of problems. I think the re-conditioning will help so much both mentally and physically.
I am feeling better but still abnormally tired. I have had some secret services done for me the past few days. Little thoughtful notes and small gifts have continued to arrive on my doorstep through the weekend. The encouraging notes have truly been a balm of healing and energy. I hope if the Angels sneaking by are reading this, they will know how much it has been appreciated and loved. Since Thursday, I have a lot of bad news in other areas and these little thoughts kept me from feeling too despaired.
November is holding some great promises...My schedule is filling up with people needing me to decorate their Christmas trees before Thanksgiving and that's always a welcome distraction!
So...carrying on!
Comments
Post a Comment