I can't resist...




Too true!
Today just has to be a day full of sarcasm because otherwise...

Well, otherwise it would be a really sad day and as it was, the grey clouds hung low and showered their sadness all over the place.

I'm not at liberty to discuss the happenings last night because it involves too many other people, even though I absolutely hate cryptic writings.  Things transpired in our little family that were mostly unexpected and incredibly difficult.  I don't think we stop long enough to consider how our choices affect everyone around us, especially those closest to us.  The kids did not handle the situation very well and spent the night in tears and sadness and lots of anger.  The saddest thing I heard all year came from Sam last night through lots of tears..."I'm so sorry that we are a burden and ruin everything."  I hate nights when all I can do is reassure them that they aren't a burden and that they are loved and the most important part of my life.  My living room has become the place where life falls apart and together we sift through the wreckage and piece it all back together the best we can...and then we go to Taco Bell.  Close to 3 this morning, we called it a night.

I've not been feeling well for weeks. I finally decided to see a doctor about why I can't seem to feel like a human being and  it seems I have a little problem to be addressed.  So, today, I got to spend the day fasting with just clear liquids since midnight last night.  That's not really out of the ordinary for me, I usually get around to eating breakfast around 3 in the afternoon anyways, but the amount of water I had to drink was unreal!  105 ounces today.  I think I went up two dress sizes at least!  And after 2:00 pm I wasn't allowed to pee.  You have no idea what kind of fun that is until you've had a few babies River Dance on your bladder for 9 months at a time.  Your constant prayer becomes...Please don't let me sneeze, cough or laugh.  And...this town needs to fix the potholes in the roads.  Seriously!

When I saw that bladder on the ultrasound screen, I was pretty impressed!  I'm such an over achiever and no one got to appreciate the skill and talent I have in holding my 'clear liquids'.  The tech said, "Good grief, you really followed instructions didn't you?" I'm certain she meant that as a compliment.  That's me, a straight arrow.  Rules are rules.  I'm pretty sure the news on this is going to suck but for today...I'm enjoying a little sarcasm and denial and trying to steer clear of people who are going to screw my life up anymore than it already is.

In other news...because what a boring day today has been...Shelbie broke her finger!  I can't even believe it.  Her friend convinced her to go to church Volleyball tonight and the first time the ball touched her hand, snapped her finger in half.  Straight up, in half.  No little hairline fracture, no wait til the swelling goes down...just a sheared off, clean cut, bone in half; between the first and second knuckles kind of brake.

I was at work of course and I get a call from Sam.  He has watched way too much Brian Reagan.

"Hey Ma!  Umm, you doin' anything right now?"
"Saaammmmmm! What happened?"
"I was just thinking maybe.. like if your finger is dangling, is that just dislocated?"
"Samuel! Whose finger is dangling?"
"Maybe Shelbie's."

After I got him headed to the urgent care with Shelbie in tow, I hurried to lock up the building I was working in and meet them.  Meanwhile, Sam sends me a Snapchat of Shelbie crying in pain with the background music in which the lyrics said, "It's okay to be a little broken..." I have to admit, I laughed.  NOT at her suffering of course but Sam's twisted sense of humor he must have gotten from, well, me, probably.

Brother!   I realize this is so incredibly minor compared to what we have faced but it's the never ending little things that assemble into last straw kinds of things.






At some point before 6 am, I plan to start work for the day!

 
Photobucket

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts