All in a day...

I have an intern working for me still...she's funny.  I think she is surprised at the fast pace we move around here.  It's a little odd that the only office I can provide her is my living room so she's sort of become just another part of the family. 

Everyday we are hopping from project to project and everyday, she comments on how crazy our schedule is and I just laugh...because what else am I suppose to do but laugh anymore.  Having her around has made me realize what an amazing job I have.  I get to do something completely different every single day of the week.

After so early morning work hours, a doctor's appointment for an hour, we headed to decorate a client's home for Christmas.  I've been decorating their home for 8 years now!  It's hard to believe.  (Later this week, I will be decorating a home I've been doing for 25 years!)  It took over 4 hours and I didn't take nearly enough pictures...
Some floral arranging I did

Hanging the stockings...

They have a very simple tree...you can't tell from the photo but the tree is full of tiny red frames with photos of the last 4 generations of family and their names are embossed on the frame.  It's a fun idea.

Love the felted angels
 I got home from that with just enough time to change and head down to Idaho Falls for a presentation.  When I walked in the door, the first thing I saw was Sam and he is sick!! Ugh.  I could tell by his sunken eyes and his wheezy breathing, he has pneumonia again.  I made a quick call, cancelled the presentation and called around to find a doctor who could get us in to confirm my fear.  I ran him in and that took another two hours which left me only an hour before my house was going to fill up with college kids.

In that hour, I whipped up some cupcakes, tidied the house and welcomed my Nephews (they really belong to my Wasband) and all their roommates and friends.  My Wasband's Nephew opened his mission call at my house.  His family, in Indiana had a houseful too, as they Skyped in so he was surrounded with love.

Everyone taped their guess to the mantel but no one was right...He's going to Cambodia!

Taylor

Taylor's family
 He's the cutest kid!  So full of personality and fun.  I've only really gotten to know him this past year because he was so little the last time I was in Indiana, when I was married.  I'm really going to miss him!  He lights up my house when he comes over.


After the shock of that was over, all the kids took him out for a late dinner to Teton Thai and Shelbie treated everyone to a really late movie at the cheap seats and I headed for a late start at my night job.

So...it's been another big day around here. 

Tonight, I'm cramming to get stuff ready for another health insurance meeting tomorrow.  I totaled our medical expenses for 10 months and we are sitting just over $125,000 this year.  It's been a 'light' year since I put off three bone marrow biopsies which would have added an easy $45,000 or more.  I don't mention these things for pity or attention...it's just part of the reality of our life and you have to admit...fairly impressive.   Still ahead is a brain PET scan for a few thousand, Spencer's surgery...and whatever other surprises are coming.

I don't know what to do about Sam.  His lungs are taking a beating with all these pneumonia relapses this year.  Our immunologist is just trying to buy time before he commits to weekly plasma transfusions because it will be for a lifetime when it finally starts.  He is hoping he can hold off until Sam gets a little older but I just don't think that's a good idea anymore.  As much as I hate to tether him to that treatment and the obscene expense of it every week, it's inevitable. 


Photobucket

Comments

  1. I love that he came to your home. Not surprised a bit, as that is a place of live and acceptance and trying to be Christ centered. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever need help decorating, please call me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Cambodia on my mission! He's going to love it! I'll be praying for Sam's lungs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts