Thanksgiving week
We have had our usual busy week around here but a good week too. The kids were feeling pretty good. Spencer got home on Wednesday afternoon and no sooner did he arrive, the kids took off for the evening to hang out with their cousins and Aunt and Uncle from Indiana. I'm glad they got to spend time with them. They are such fun people.
We had a short but awesome visit from our friends in Colorado who came into town briefly. Spencer served part of his mission in their ward. They are the cream of the crop kind of people! I can't even remember when our friendship started. I do know we started out just texting and they have come to visit a couple of times since Spencer's been home. It's like we are sisters and have always known each other. When we are together, we laugh...a lot!
Thanksgiving day itself was great. I made way more food than we could ever manage. Our neighbors came down mid morning for snacking and by late afternoon, we were feasting on turkey. I just have to say, I'm not a fan of cooking turkey. It's messy to get it ready for the oven and messy to clean up and then after all that work, it's dry. This year, I decided to go slow and low. So I cooked it for a longer time on a lower temperature and it was melt in your mouth good. I didn't do any fancy marinades or brines, just a good rub down with butter and the usual spices. I didn't bother to take any pictures...you've all seen a turkey before.
We aren't into shopping much so the rest of the week was just hanging out together. I am in charge of a tree for the Festival of Trees so all day Friday, I made ornaments and then all of Saturday afternoon, after I worked at the Temple, the kids helped me decorate it. We had so much fun together and they were a big help. From Tuesday to Saturday, the tree will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Here are some pictures from our week.
| Our Thanksgiving group...a couple of the kids' friends from their ward joined us. |
| My kids could care less about the turkey or stuffing but they won't let a holiday go by without my cheeseball. |
| Here are the Nordic Santas I made. They were the cutest! 24 of them! I was going to buy them but they are $12 each so I made the myself. |
| Festival of Trees |
| The auction is in Rigby at the library. It will be a fun week as people can go and look at all of the donated trees! |
Also this week, I need to get Sam in for a neurology referral. He is having a hard time again with dizzy spells and his head hurts when he moves it...like it hurts all the time, not like a headache. It hurts when he sneezes or even looks down. These are signs of cerebral spinal blockage. I think it can come and go but it's been happening too much this year.
I will have some repeat bloodwork etc. on my kidneys and if things aren't better, we will start fighting for a CT scan.

The tree is beautiful!!
ReplyDelete