They're all mine!

I follow a few blogs of people who are facing and overcoming huge health obstacles.  I have learned one thing, never underestimate the trials God can bless you with.  Tonight, my heart is aching for a few people who are fighting the fight of their life. 

I have been following one couple for about three years.  She has CF and three years ago, underwent a double lung transplant shortly after giving birth to their daughter who was more than three months premature.  She developed lymphoma shortly after receiving her new lungs and had to start chemotherapy treatments.  She began to thrive, their daughter survived and they have been doing well.  A couple of months ago, she went into rejection out of the blue.  She is now fighting for her life and the prognosis is grim.  Her oxygen, lung function and weight are all worse than pre-transplant.  Aside from their daughter they have taken in several foster children as well. Their faith is strong and they inspire me with their belief and trust in God.  I feel a strange connection to this girl.  She reminds me so much of my best friend growing up who passed away from CF.

I follow a young mother with Melanoma...ohhh, I'm so glad that isn't my trial.  She is strong and a fighter but what a fight!  I have a friend who's son has been fighting sarcoma for over two years.  It started in his hip and spread to his lung and heart.  So many times, I thought it was over but last week, he had his cancerous lung removed and the cancerous portion on his heart and he is leaving the hospital today and for now, there is no evidence of disease in his body. 

I believe that we are all given the trials tailored to our needs.  The trials that will stretch us and help us grow.  Some people seem to have more than their share but somewhere in the breaking heart, is a space reserved for a special kind of strength.  A strength, though sometimes small, is just enough to keep that fighting spirit that helps us pick ourselves back up and remain steadfast on the battlefront, in the throws of the test.  I am glad for my trials and after reading about my blogging friends, I will gladly take what we have.  They're all mine and I wouldn't trade them with anyone.


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts