Moving on

Well, life goes on.  We haven't missed a beat.  Today, we are at the hospital again for Shelbie's marathon infusion.  It's going well so far.  She is sleeping which is good because she woke up sick with a bad cold and headache.  I worry that this just might end up being too much for her system.  Anesthesia, the biopsy and now a cold and new plasma.  I guess time will tell. 

Yesterday, the boys did so well.  They were in some pain of course but Spencer went back to work and managed to get through his shift.  It seemed like they were dropping things all over yesterday but no one can bend down to pick stuff up yet they kept asking each other for help.  Shelbie dropped a lid on the floor and asked Spencer to help her pick it up.  It was funny to watch those two try to get a lid off the floor.  I was not even two feet away and said, "Hey guys, I would love to help you out.  I am the only able body here today."
"Nope, we got this." and they did. 

Today, the boys are not doing as well.  Spencer went to work this morning and Sam came with Shelbie and I to the hospital.  Spencer came up after work for lunch but he was sick when he got here.  After getting some food on his stomach, he seemed to perk up a bit but then the strangest thing happened to Sam. 

When we got back to Shelbie's room, Sam said, "Mom, I can't see my hand!"  He was waving it right in front of his face!  Ughhh!  Not cool.  There isn't much I can do since I am tethered to this hospital chair but start calling doctors to figure out what is going on and get an appointment for him. 

It's so strange to me how these events aren't even really surprising.  Well, surprising, sometimes but we somehow just fit it into the workings of the day rather than having it become an event.
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts