My dream job

Yesterday, while the radiology tech was mixing the contrast for the CT scan, I inquired about who the radiologist was that would be reading the scans.  She told me the name and I flipped.  I told her to forget it, we would come back when a different Radiologist was on duty.  She didn't even argue with me which I was expecting.  Unfortunately, this particular doctor was on duty the remainder of the week!  When she told me that, I said, "Well, that's fine but I'm afraid we will have to go elsewhere for the scans because I refuse to deal with that doctor."
She replied, "I understand.  You should know that this is his last week here, the hospital has dismissed him."
"It's about time!"
"We understand but we hate to lose your business." 
In my opinion, if a hospital is going to continue to employ people who have had countless complaints filed against him, they are going to continue to lose business.
She was really nice and called over to another imaging place to see if they could send the hospital scans to another facility to be read by the doctor of my choice.  That actually worked and that is what happened.

So, here is my dream job...maybe not my dream job but I would love to meet with doctors on a monthly basis to bring to their consciousness all the dumb things they do that creates doubt and angst in their patients, their bedside manner, their staff...  It could make them better providers, increase their business.  There have been two horrible, awful, awful doctors practicing at our local hospital.  I spent a year trying to convince the CEO personally, in face to face meetings that one particular doctor needed to be fired.  I had volumes of offenses this man had done including sexual harrassement.  I was brushed aside and for years, this doctor kept practicing until his errors and dishonest character caught up to him and they finally fired him.  A little late and I know the hopsital lost patients because of this man. 

Now, this Radiologist.  I made another complaint years ago against this doctor.  Ask any other doctor in town about this Radiologist and they will all agree he is useless and actually makes huge diagnostic errors.  Again, for years the hospital has tried to ignore the problems.  Finally, they have come to the light.

 See, we use so many doctors and services, I could be a 'secret shopper' for the hospital.  Give them feedback on the service they provide.  I think it's a great idea.  I would do the same for doctors too.  I have quit doctors just because of their receptionist.  They might not think it's a big deal but it's huge!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts