Brilliant Idea...
This week, Sam leaves for Scout Camp. I'm not entirely thrilled about him being gone for 6 days but for the first time in a long time, he is excited to go. Of course, I will be home worrying about what he's doing, how he's feeling, if he remembered to take his meds and then all the 'What ifs'...
It was a chore to get all his meds together and ready to go. I didn't have a pill box big enough to hold everything and besides, pill boxes don't travel well. Inevitably, by the time the gear lands at the campsite, the lids have flipped opened and pills are laying in the bottom of the duffel bag.
I had a brilliant idea to package them with my food saver. It was a little more time consuming but I love how it turned out. Sam will only have to worry about grabbing two packs for his morning meds, one for lunchtime meds, one for dinner meds and one for bedtime meds and one pack that contains his 'as needed' meds. The best part is, they are also waterproof! I think I may do this for trips too... Now I just pray he remembers to take everything when he is suppose to so that old body of his keeps on ticking this week like a well oiled machine.
It was a chore to get all his meds together and ready to go. I didn't have a pill box big enough to hold everything and besides, pill boxes don't travel well. Inevitably, by the time the gear lands at the campsite, the lids have flipped opened and pills are laying in the bottom of the duffel bag.
I had a brilliant idea to package them with my food saver. It was a little more time consuming but I love how it turned out. Sam will only have to worry about grabbing two packs for his morning meds, one for lunchtime meds, one for dinner meds and one for bedtime meds and one pack that contains his 'as needed' meds. The best part is, they are also waterproof! I think I may do this for trips too... Now I just pray he remembers to take everything when he is suppose to so that old body of his keeps on ticking this week like a well oiled machine.
Comments
Post a Comment