Being home

It's been a crazy whirlwind of activity since being home.  I have watched the kids take their turns at having little meltdowns.  I think since we are out of the 'pressure cooker' of doctors and testing, they are letting off a little steam and frustration.  Well, maybe I should correct that, we are sort of out of the pressure cooker. 

The week has been pretty much just as I thought it would be, lots of distractions that just keep me from processing anything very well.  Some of the distractions have been along the lines of mundane like laundry, paying bills with money I like to pretend I have, running to the pharmacy, running to the doctor, running back to the pharmacy, running....you get the picture. 

Shelbie's eyes continue to be a problem of sorts.  I finally took her in to see an Ophthalmologist yesterday and we finally have a name for the crazy eye infection- Epidemic Keratoconjunctivitis.  You never want to see the word 'Epidemic' in front of an illness your kid has.   It is a virus that is super bad and super contagious.  It typically lasts more than week.  Her vision loss that has continued to get worse is due to the white cells chewing up her cornea.  Sounds totally miserable!  Her vision should resolve sometime after the virus is gone.  The silver lining in all of this is that the rest of us have not caught it from her. 

I should probably give credit to Sam, my little germa-phob for keeping me and the intense cleaning of everything she touches to it's maximum so that the rest of us are 'epidemic' free.  Props to the Ophthalmologist too.  As I gave him a little history he was very knowledgeable on every issue we have going on, including the mitochondrial issue of the mutation for Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy.  He has even seen patients with that disease! One smart cookie and he's right here just a few blocks away.

Looks like a promising weekend of more adjustments. 




Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts