The Rise and Fall

Sometimes, I think if I were to write a book about my life, it would be called, The Rise and Fall.

There are times and seasons when we have it together and we rise to whatever the occasion presents.  At other times, we fall hard and fast.  I've experienced each of these moments so many times over the years, especially this year. 

The good thing is, with every fall, there is a rise. 
The good thing is, with every rise, there is a fall...It's all good. 

There are things to be learned on the way up, while on the top of a mountain with a breathtaking view, and on the way down, in the valley, where the water runs cold and clear and carves out a path through the rocks and wildflowers.  In the valley, it's lush and thick with new growth.  On the mountain, the trees are old and wise and the view like nothing else.


I think I'm currently in the valley.  I'm choosing to refer to my recent fall in life as the valley.  Instead of considering all the ways I have fallen short, I'm learning to see how the sun hides between the far reaching trees and casts a shadowy lace along the path.  The ground is soft and the lazy river feeds the moss and trees and it begs you stop trying to climb the slippery slope.  Somehow, we've been conditioned to like the mountaintops more than the valleys.

There are some pretty amazing views from down in the valley.


Comments

Popular Posts