Nobody Told Me
I've been getting bored with my usual Pandora stations and Ted talks that keep me occupied while I sit for hours at the computer, in my car or cleaning offices. Spencer was telling me about some Podcasts he listens to often and so I decided to check out the world of Podcasts.
More than 10 years ago when I was working full time at the Architects, I listened to Podcasts all day, every day, but in 10 years, they have certainly evolved and have grown in popularity. As I was searching for something inspiring to listen to, I found one called, Nobody Told Me. It's a mother and daughter who interview all sorts of people on every topic under the sun and the one question they ask at the end of the interview is...What was the thing that 'Nobody Told You'? I love hearing what people have discovered along the path of life. I love how each guest, from the top FBI Terrorist Negotiator, to the woman who wrote a book about losing her mother to breast cancer, there is something to relate to my own life.
https://www.nobodytoldmeshow.com/
Each day, as I listen to more and more of these Ah-ha moments, I can't help but think about my own "Nobody Told Me" thoughts.
Nobody told me I would need to be so independent.
Nobody told me that as soon as you figured it all out, everything would change.
Nobody told me you could be surrounded by people and feel so completely alone.
Nobody told me that politics and religion would be more important than friendship and connection.
Nobody told me that I would love my children with a love that is completely indescribable.
What is your Nobody Told Me truth...?
The next time I have my kids cornered in the backseat of the car, I am going to ask them what their truth is. I'm thinking this would be a great tradition to start on New Years...To name your truth for the year and see how we change and evolve from year to year.
More than 10 years ago when I was working full time at the Architects, I listened to Podcasts all day, every day, but in 10 years, they have certainly evolved and have grown in popularity. As I was searching for something inspiring to listen to, I found one called, Nobody Told Me. It's a mother and daughter who interview all sorts of people on every topic under the sun and the one question they ask at the end of the interview is...What was the thing that 'Nobody Told You'? I love hearing what people have discovered along the path of life. I love how each guest, from the top FBI Terrorist Negotiator, to the woman who wrote a book about losing her mother to breast cancer, there is something to relate to my own life.
https://www.nobodytoldmeshow.com/
Each day, as I listen to more and more of these Ah-ha moments, I can't help but think about my own "Nobody Told Me" thoughts.
Nobody told me I would need to be so independent.
Nobody told me that as soon as you figured it all out, everything would change.
Nobody told me you could be surrounded by people and feel so completely alone.
Nobody told me that politics and religion would be more important than friendship and connection.
Nobody told me that I would love my children with a love that is completely indescribable.
What is your Nobody Told Me truth...?
The next time I have my kids cornered in the backseat of the car, I am going to ask them what their truth is. I'm thinking this would be a great tradition to start on New Years...To name your truth for the year and see how we change and evolve from year to year.
💗
ReplyDelete