Family

The timing of my sister coming has been great.  It's just what the kids needed.  It's just what I needed too.  The kids rarely get to see their cousins from my side; a country divides us. My niece and her friend were coming down for Especially For Youth at our local University so my sister came to spend the week as well.

As for our latest setback.  I did hear from our doctor late Friday and University Hospital is trying to juggle their schedule around to fit Sam in on Wed, Thurs, or Friday coming up.   Never in my life, did I think I would be asking and reminding my kid to have another Red Bull or ask how many Mountain Dew Kickstarts he had.  It feels so surreal which is so strange since I have known this day may come.  It just came sooner than I had hoped.

My niece Kira and Shelbie

Kira and Spencer goofing around.

Sam needing a ride from Shelbie on the scooter. 

Friday night, we went over to the clubhouse for a little hot tubbing...We had it all to ourselves and it felt so good on my tired bones! 

We also took a short drive to the most beautiful Mesa Falls


My sister and I at Mesa Falls.  We both stink at selfies but it's a fun picture.  
It sure is nice having family here.  We have had some good talks, both of us needed to unload the weights of our world.  The kids are laughing so much and having fun.  It's been the best distraction for Sam.  He goes from just fine to freaking out in seconds and completely unexpected.  I know it sounds strange that I'm glad someone is here to help with my kids...it's not like they are troublemakers or toddlers...just to have someone else to keep their spirits up is helpful.  I"m so tired.

This week, I will be trying to cram in a week's worth of work, if I can even focus...and trying to prepare for some hard doctor appointments.  I suspect this week, Sam will also get the official word that he will start plasma transfusions.  A big week!!


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts