25 years for Shelbie

We interrupt our current drama to bring you a little birthday joy and happiness!

Shelbie is 25 years old today!

She seems to get more and more beautiful with each passing year.  I think the more she is tested and tried, the more refining she endures, the more beautiful her spirit becomes and that reflects so much in her physical appearance.  I'm so proud of her.

At Immunology clinic this past week, our doctor asked if she was still working and Shelbie replied that she was.  The doctor was astounded that she was still getting up every day, making an effort to continue living her life, setting goals and moving forward.  He said, "I am completely humbled to be a small part of your life!  I have patients with some minor immune issue who have chosen to go on disability and do nothing with their life.  You have so many things wrong, epilepsy and demyelination alone is reason enough to slow down and even do nothing but you keep on going.  That is unbelievable."

It is unbelievable.  She is an amazing young woman.  I'm proud that she is actively wrestling the demons of life...and chronic health problems.  She is becoming something great!

Tonight, the kids had their traditional Sunday night game night with their friends from their Young Single Adult ward.  What a great group of young people!  She is surrounded by so much love!  It makes me so happy to see that my kids are a part of this Gospel and a strong representation of youth who strive to be good, loving people.

Her friends brought a cake and she was so surprised! 

I made a few different kinds of cupcakes and cheesecake


My kitchen has never been filled with so much dessert!  There are clearly not enough people here to make a dent in this celebration!  I gave them all orders to leave with a plate of food. 

Now, they are playing games and I will probably fall asleep tonight to the sound of 20 young adults laughing and sucking the life out of this moment and it makes me happy.



Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts