For the birds

Recovery is for the birds and everyone else but me.  I pretty much think I should be exempt from recovery.

Why can't you just get parts and pieces replaced and move on like a car when you get the tires replaced?  It doesn't need time to 'recover'.  It doesn't fall over in the tire store parking lot waiting until it feels better to roll on!

This surgery surprised me some, because I thought every day would be better than the day before but it seems to be a little worse, or at least different.  Definitely not out of pain mode but today, I am going to try to get by without any meds, I hate the floating, foggy feeling. So far, I might last another 10 minutes!

I hate this hung over, droopy feeling! ( I guess I just mentioned that didn't I?)  Even though I can't clean, I should be drafting and marketing but I can see that will have to happen in short spurts of time since my eyes seem worse than ever!  What is that all about?  Fix one sense and the others decide to take a break?

Yesterday, I tried to wash my hair after 4 days of grease sliding off and sticking to my face.  That was a comical routine trying not to get my ear wet! I took a piece of saran wrap and wrapped it around my ear, then taped it to my face.  While trying to pour cups of water over my head that I'm not suppose to tilt, I held a washcloth on my sore ear but of course, that was soaked within .057 seconds.  My arms and legs were flailing all over the place, I felt like a giraffe in a bowl of jello!  Needless to say, half my head got wet and soapy but none of it got rinsed.  I look super attractive!

That was quite the escapade.  I think I'm going to have to attempt it again today, as soon as I dream up a different method.  I may have one of the kids just drive me to a salon and have it washed.

I kind of wish they had just removed my femur bone...something substantial that I could see.  Instead, these microscopic bones happened in the nethermost reaches of my hollow head and it's hard to justify the pain and without a 12" scar, it's hard to remember that my body is trying to accept some new, shiny pistons and bones, oh...and the remaining pieces are trying to find their way home.

I found that pretty funny when the surgeon said, "Once everything finds it's way back..."
I will admit, I was thinking..."How about we make it easy on them and just put them all back where you found them...why the game of hide and seek?  Just kidding...I know what he meant.

Anyhoo....another lesson in patience and tolerance and long suffering, and did I mention patience?

Actually, I'm okay...getting real tired of laying around and walking like a super model with a stack of books on my head but whatever it takes to save my brain and nerves!  Today, I might try to get dressed in real clothes but then again...maybe not!

The kids will be home today.  At least I will have more than Bentley the dog to talk to.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts