To Biopsy or Not...that is the question...
I can't believe we are already at the 6 month mark of the kids' last bone marrow biopsy! The boys' biopsies came back all wonky and they really wanted them to have another one just 6 months out to see if the problems have resolved. Here we are at 6 months! Ugh...
I am not going to have Spencer recheck his marrow. I know he doesn't care. He just wants to live his life and trying to co ordinate all that in Denver is a daunting task. For the most part, he is hanging in there aside from his usual fatigue and daily nausea. I guess what I am saying is that his symptoms haven't gotten worse so that is good.
Sam is another story. Getting the biopsy done would be easy enough but he seems like he is doing okay, relatively speaking. The mouth sores might indicate some changes happening but there are no glaring issues. I have to decide what to do. I'm not too excited to put him under again and stress his body with another biopsy but I also don't want to miss anything either.
I don't love these forks in the road we come upon so often. I guess it's off to the Oncologists' we go and plan our next move!
I am not going to have Spencer recheck his marrow. I know he doesn't care. He just wants to live his life and trying to co ordinate all that in Denver is a daunting task. For the most part, he is hanging in there aside from his usual fatigue and daily nausea. I guess what I am saying is that his symptoms haven't gotten worse so that is good.
Sam is another story. Getting the biopsy done would be easy enough but he seems like he is doing okay, relatively speaking. The mouth sores might indicate some changes happening but there are no glaring issues. I have to decide what to do. I'm not too excited to put him under again and stress his body with another biopsy but I also don't want to miss anything either.
I don't love these forks in the road we come upon so often. I guess it's off to the Oncologists' we go and plan our next move!
Comments
Post a Comment