Infusion Day
It seems like forever since Shelbie had an IVIG treatment. We did miss last month because the H Pylori was so bad! We didn't dare add IVIG to her already struggling body. So, here we are at the start of one very long day!
I can honestly say I haven't missed this place...at all! It was so nice having a little break though I'm sure Shelbie is anxious to feel decent for a change. She leaves next week for a two week vacation with her grandparents so we need to get her in tip top shape to enjoy a little time on the warm beaches of Mexico! H Pylori is still a problem and we still don't have a resolve.
In other news, Sam continues to be plagued by nausea daily and always after he eats. He handles it much like Spencer does and just tries to pretend everything is fine. Occasionally, he will flop down on the sofa and hardly move. He's had some mouth sores pop up the past couple of weeks and that almost always means he is neutropenic ( a drop in his white cells). Other than these minor disturbances, he is fine.
It's funny to consider how much I have evolved in terms of reacting to problems that come up. Lately, I don't react at all. There was a day when I was running them to the doctor every week! I went from that to putting it off with the 'wait and see' approach as much as I could. Now, I just blatantly ignore the symptoms and obvious progression. I think I am in this weird place because our doctors seem to be tired of the chronic problems. I take them in and all we get his a head nod and shrug of the shoulders and a bland statement that there is really nothing they can do about it. So, if they can't do anything about it...why try to steer the river?
This technique works out fine until I wake up to the reality of things and then it's all just angst and worry and a little bit of regret, resentment and even anger. One thing that's for sure is that I am tired; bone tired of life and chronic illness. You might even say that all this change is nothing more than apathy and apathy is not good.
I can honestly say I haven't missed this place...at all! It was so nice having a little break though I'm sure Shelbie is anxious to feel decent for a change. She leaves next week for a two week vacation with her grandparents so we need to get her in tip top shape to enjoy a little time on the warm beaches of Mexico! H Pylori is still a problem and we still don't have a resolve.
In other news, Sam continues to be plagued by nausea daily and always after he eats. He handles it much like Spencer does and just tries to pretend everything is fine. Occasionally, he will flop down on the sofa and hardly move. He's had some mouth sores pop up the past couple of weeks and that almost always means he is neutropenic ( a drop in his white cells). Other than these minor disturbances, he is fine.
It's funny to consider how much I have evolved in terms of reacting to problems that come up. Lately, I don't react at all. There was a day when I was running them to the doctor every week! I went from that to putting it off with the 'wait and see' approach as much as I could. Now, I just blatantly ignore the symptoms and obvious progression. I think I am in this weird place because our doctors seem to be tired of the chronic problems. I take them in and all we get his a head nod and shrug of the shoulders and a bland statement that there is really nothing they can do about it. So, if they can't do anything about it...why try to steer the river?
This technique works out fine until I wake up to the reality of things and then it's all just angst and worry and a little bit of regret, resentment and even anger. One thing that's for sure is that I am tired; bone tired of life and chronic illness. You might even say that all this change is nothing more than apathy and apathy is not good.
Comments
Post a Comment