Prayer changes things
A week or two ago, I made a prayer request for some dear friends all battling cancer and auto immune liver failure! I thought you might want to know how things are going for a few of these people I have been able to connect with.
Damen, the young man awaiting a liver transplant, is very, very sick but his infection has cleared up and he is getting a little stronger and a little more nourished. He has to get stronger before they will dare operate on him so that is the goal. He has a long rocky road ahead but the infection clearing up is huge.
I visited with my friend J who has pancreatic cancer. I shared with her what I did on my blog. She said, "Without a doubt, I feel those prayers! Please ask them to keep praying!" Her tumor is shrinking, by a lot, and there is a chance they will be able to operate and remove part of her pancreas. She is also being considered for some treatment trials and has a hopeful attitude that things are looking up! Isn't that amazing?
My other friend B, who also has pancreatic cancer is hanging in there. She is holding her own but weak. She too has a good attitude and that is really half the battle.
My friend D, has started chemo back up with some new agents that will slow down the aggressiveness of the cancer growth. They know it won't cure him but it will stretch out his time left and his quality of life. Continued prayers will really help!
Those are the only updates I have but thank you...Prayer really does change things.
Damen, the young man awaiting a liver transplant, is very, very sick but his infection has cleared up and he is getting a little stronger and a little more nourished. He has to get stronger before they will dare operate on him so that is the goal. He has a long rocky road ahead but the infection clearing up is huge.
I visited with my friend J who has pancreatic cancer. I shared with her what I did on my blog. She said, "Without a doubt, I feel those prayers! Please ask them to keep praying!" Her tumor is shrinking, by a lot, and there is a chance they will be able to operate and remove part of her pancreas. She is also being considered for some treatment trials and has a hopeful attitude that things are looking up! Isn't that amazing?
My other friend B, who also has pancreatic cancer is hanging in there. She is holding her own but weak. She too has a good attitude and that is really half the battle.
My friend D, has started chemo back up with some new agents that will slow down the aggressiveness of the cancer growth. They know it won't cure him but it will stretch out his time left and his quality of life. Continued prayers will really help!
Those are the only updates I have but thank you...Prayer really does change things.
Comments
Post a Comment