Life goes on
We have been one entire week without anyone getting damaged in any way! Whew! Sometimes it's the little things we need to appreciate. Of course, we still have the old injuries we are nursing but we are mending.
Sam still has some bruising on his face but it's fading. He has had a particularly hard weekend feeling sick though. I'm not too sure what is going on with that. He worked really hard for me on Friday and Saturday and over exerted himself and spent the nights really nauseated and weak. He is sort of acting the way Spencer does when he spends a day playing hard on the ski hill. Their bodies become so drained, it takes a day or two to rebuild. I guess that can be attributed to the mitochondrial problems.
I have heard parents say it before but I am seeing it now firsthand. With Shwachman Diamond Syndrome, it seems that kids go through cycles of health. From birth to about age 8 or 9, they are pretty sick most of the time. Then you get this most wonderful short lived period of time when not much happens. That lasts until about age 15 or so and then it's nothing but problems again. It seems that Sam has been enjoying some pretty decent health but now we are on the downhill slide for a bit. We'll see, it may be too soon to say.
Shelbie has been off her meds now for nearly two weeks so this week marks the second round of testing for H-Pylori. She still has the symptoms of the disease but it could be the bacteria is gone but the damage has been done, then I don't know what happens.
My ankle is still tied up in a walking boot. It is still pretty sore but my range of motion is returning and there is less pain when I bend it. Maybe another week or two in the boot. It's been 6 weeks since all the problems started. At therapy, he does something called AStym. The website makes it sound like it is such a relaxing therapy but trust me, there is nothing relaxing about it. It makes me want to cry, literally. It takes everything I have to sit still and at that, I usually have my hands clinched behind my neck and try to keep the moaning and groaning and flinching to a minimum. After that ordeal, I have to have the Iontophoresis therapy and again, it is so painful, especially after the Astym when my tendons and ligaments feel raw. That feels like a million needles piercing my skin for about 10-15 minutes.
By the time I leave my hour and 10 minute session, I am worn out and on the verge of tears. Bleh....
Well, life goes on and we are hanging in there. Still no decision on our health insurance. I guess I am waiting around to see what happens with the government shut down.
Sam still has some bruising on his face but it's fading. He has had a particularly hard weekend feeling sick though. I'm not too sure what is going on with that. He worked really hard for me on Friday and Saturday and over exerted himself and spent the nights really nauseated and weak. He is sort of acting the way Spencer does when he spends a day playing hard on the ski hill. Their bodies become so drained, it takes a day or two to rebuild. I guess that can be attributed to the mitochondrial problems.
I have heard parents say it before but I am seeing it now firsthand. With Shwachman Diamond Syndrome, it seems that kids go through cycles of health. From birth to about age 8 or 9, they are pretty sick most of the time. Then you get this most wonderful short lived period of time when not much happens. That lasts until about age 15 or so and then it's nothing but problems again. It seems that Sam has been enjoying some pretty decent health but now we are on the downhill slide for a bit. We'll see, it may be too soon to say.
Shelbie has been off her meds now for nearly two weeks so this week marks the second round of testing for H-Pylori. She still has the symptoms of the disease but it could be the bacteria is gone but the damage has been done, then I don't know what happens.
My ankle is still tied up in a walking boot. It is still pretty sore but my range of motion is returning and there is less pain when I bend it. Maybe another week or two in the boot. It's been 6 weeks since all the problems started. At therapy, he does something called AStym. The website makes it sound like it is such a relaxing therapy but trust me, there is nothing relaxing about it. It makes me want to cry, literally. It takes everything I have to sit still and at that, I usually have my hands clinched behind my neck and try to keep the moaning and groaning and flinching to a minimum. After that ordeal, I have to have the Iontophoresis therapy and again, it is so painful, especially after the Astym when my tendons and ligaments feel raw. That feels like a million needles piercing my skin for about 10-15 minutes.
By the time I leave my hour and 10 minute session, I am worn out and on the verge of tears. Bleh....
Well, life goes on and we are hanging in there. Still no decision on our health insurance. I guess I am waiting around to see what happens with the government shut down.
Comments
Post a Comment