The Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday...thermonuclear...by the evening, I was spent and just getting started on 6 hours of drafting I needed to have done by last night.

Things with the Neurologist are working out.  Not the one we love in Seattle but after venting with a few friends in my support group, one of them reminded me of THIS foundation that could offer me some help.  I called them and spoke to a wonderful and helpful woman.  I told her I needed to find a  Mitochondrial Specialist within a 15 hour radius of my house.  It didn't even take 5 minutes and I had a list of 6 doctors to choose from.  I have settled on the only two that are in Utah, the rest were in Colorado.  One is in Salt Lake and is relatively young and trained under one of the top Mito docs in the United States, Dr. Falk.  There are 3 names you hear all the time, the ones who research and publish papers and Dr. Falk and Dr. Saneto are two of them, so that is promising and the fact that she is young and hopefully excited to learn and on the cutting edge of treatment. The other is in St. George but I think the Salt Lake doc will be a better fit.  She is specializing in Metabolism and Genetics so that is exactly what we need.

I was reminded yesterday of how important it is for me to get the kids to this doctor.  Sam called me at 2:00pm from school and needed to be picked up.  He had lost his vision again in one eye but this time it came with extreme nauseous feelings and was then followed by serious pain in his head and eye.  These are new symptoms for him.

I felt so bad, I was on my way to the hospital for a meeting.  I hurried to the school then up to the hospital.  I didn't have time to take him home first.  I settled him in on a nice bank of soft chairs and he patiently waited until I could excuse myself to get him home.

Today, I am not as wired and need to focus on working, get ahead even so I can spend a bit of time with the kids while they are out on Spring Break. Sam announced last night that he has narrowed down his wish to three places...I can see he is getting really excited and that's cool to see.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts