Something about Sunday
But then...Sunday arrives!
There is something awesome about Sundays! God was really smart to declare Sunday a day of rest. While there are some Sundays I have to work, it remains the day that I am able to realign my focus.
The end of the week feels like the end of a marathon race and the sprint in my step has given way to bulging blisters from the uncomfortable rubs of life but then Sunday arrives! Somehow, engaging in spiritual things is as much a soothing balm for my physical body as it is for my soul.
Sometimes, more often than I care to really admit, I wonder how I am going to continue with this frenetic pace of life; like a clown sentenced to a life of spinning plates on flimsy sticks but then, Sunday arrives!
Friday, I was left with the unpopular job of figuring out the best treatment for Sam. I don't love making these life changing decisions but then, Sunday arrives...I think I have made the best decision for him and the clarity I feel on this day, is just that, clear. My faith is renewed and I can confidently turn him over to God and know that the best outcome will prevail.
On Sundays, I have this strange idea that I can go another day at this frenetic pace. On Sundays, the chaos of this crazy world calms down. On Sundays, my home is quiet, peaceful...On Sundays....
There is something awesome about Sundays! God was really smart to declare Sunday a day of rest. While there are some Sundays I have to work, it remains the day that I am able to realign my focus.
The end of the week feels like the end of a marathon race and the sprint in my step has given way to bulging blisters from the uncomfortable rubs of life but then Sunday arrives! Somehow, engaging in spiritual things is as much a soothing balm for my physical body as it is for my soul.
Sometimes, more often than I care to really admit, I wonder how I am going to continue with this frenetic pace of life; like a clown sentenced to a life of spinning plates on flimsy sticks but then, Sunday arrives!
Friday, I was left with the unpopular job of figuring out the best treatment for Sam. I don't love making these life changing decisions but then, Sunday arrives...I think I have made the best decision for him and the clarity I feel on this day, is just that, clear. My faith is renewed and I can confidently turn him over to God and know that the best outcome will prevail.
On Sundays, I have this strange idea that I can go another day at this frenetic pace. On Sundays, the chaos of this crazy world calms down. On Sundays, my home is quiet, peaceful...On Sundays....
Comments
Post a Comment