Miffed

I have been working so hard to get appointments scheduled for Seattle, it's like another part time job trying to get everything to work out.  It seems like everything these days is like pulling teeth that are rooted in concrete!  I tell ya....

I started this over 2 months ago and finally heard yesterday that our Neurologist will not have time to see us. All along, the nurse who has been doing the scheduling for me completely dropped the ball. I call and call and only get her voice mail.  I leave message after message and still don't get a return call.  I finally just called to the Neurologist's scheduling nurse to find out if we were set up and she said, "Well, the other nurse called a couple of months ago but she didn't confirm the dates so now the doctor is booked.  Can you come back in June?"

Trying my best to be patient with her, I said, "I can't just come back in June.  Gas is nigh on $4 a gallon and by the time I pay for a hotel for a few days, it's too much!"  I begged her to put us on the cancellation list even if we could only get one appointment.  I told her I would choose my sickest kid to take the appointment which seems totally crazy.  Who would I take, Shelbie whose body is struggling to regulate blood pressure and temperature, whose muscles are wasting.  Spencer who has now lost feeling in his foot, still having issues with breathing at night, and a host of GI problems too long to list or Sam who has a deformed ACL that still is not fixed, loses his vision without warning and is now showing increased signs of problems with his leg muscles.  It makes me so mad.

Today, in between all the other things I have going on, I am trying to find another Neurologist that will take us on.  Someone who specializes in Mitochondrial Disease and lives within 10 hours of my house.  I will never leave something like this to someone else ever again.

In other news...heading to the pharmacy for round 3 of antibiotics for Sam's toe.  It's actually looking worse again despite all the antibiotics, soaks and other home remedies.

Spencer's health history for his mission papers is lost.  There goes 10 pages of long hard, emotional work gone.  Whether they are lost at the doctor's office, in the mail, at the post office or mixed in with the Bishop's junk mail, I have no clue.  The office swears they mailed them last Wednesday.  Again, I should have just picked them up and hand delivered them which is what I have to do today.  This doesn't happen to other kids leaving on missions!  He had all his final interviews lined up for Sunday and had to put them off until those papers show up and all the powers that be are leaving this week for the rest of the month!

I need a vacation!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. How frustrating! Well if you do get the one appointment, just tie all 3 together and say they're siamese triplets...maybe you can pull that off? ;) Hopfully Spencer's papers will show up! I do not trust the mail AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts